Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, hope you have good weather like we are in Plymouth. on to my question,has any member had diamondbrite applied to a new B-MAX? I hope to get my new one in july, and been told I should get diamondbrite on the paint work,the car is white, can anyone make my mind up please? thank you all have a nice day ivan

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Ivan,
Perish the thought that I should endeavor to talk you into purchasing DiamondBright finish. I will, however, tell you what I gleaned from the the salesman and from the brochure he gave me. DiamondBright is an application applied to the surface of paintwork, specifically, car paint. It is best applied to new paintwork before any weather soils it, but, it can be applied after. Its purpose is to "fill in" the orange peel cavities, present in new paint surfaces which, presumably, will then repel any road soil from gaining ingress in said cavities. It should also help to prevent damage, over time, from bird lime droppings. The process also includes the floor carpets and seat coverings having a sort of "scotchguard" application which would help against stains etc. At £250, I personally think it worthwhile and will be having it on my B-max which has been ordered recently. Please don't, however, take everything as gospel, check it out for yourself with the salesman/DiamondBright application operative.....Ask your own questions.

Hope this helps.

Jaycee

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I considered this treatment prior to my purchase and decided against it.

What turned me off it was:

1. You are at the mercy of the person who applies it for the final result.
2. The coating will trap in everything (it is impossible to have a mirror clean car prior to treatment.
3. The coating needs to be 'conserved' every month.
4. The conservative contains a mild abrasive and can remove slight scratches.
5 If the 'conservative is abrasive it is removing your 'diamond' coating which may become visibly patchy over time.
6. The coating cannot easily be removed before re-coating.
7. Any damaged panel (accident, scuff etc) which is repaired would need the full treatment.
8. Panels adjacent to the damaged one which are normally 'blended in' with paint and clear-coat would be a problem. (Paint over 'diamondbright'?)
9. Reports in forums which I researched.

If you use the best quality car polish on your car from new:

1. You can have the 'enjoyment' of making your car shine like new every month
2. The polish is not abrasive and adds depth to the shine
3. Polish can easily be removed for re-polishing
4. Damaged panels can be brought back to match without financed outside help.
5. Adjacent panel repair is not a problem.

My previous car, a sports car, my first sports after many family cars and my pride and joy was sold after 7 years to a Toyota enthusiast who said it looked like new inside and outside.

I did not tel her that I bought the best quality polish before I collected the car and used it once a month for 3 months. After that I washed it manually at a car wash facility for maybe a year or so. I may have polished it once since. After that it went through the car wash when it was a so dirty I was ashamed.

The day before the new owner came to view the car it was washed and polished with the best quality polish I had kept for 7 years.

Moral of my experience:

Enjoy the car, if you enjoy polishing it, polish it, otherwise just keep it clean.

Do not cover your car in a substance you may regret later. Go with the majority, not the minority.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I go along with that 100 %. Not looked into this particular product but those offered with VW were expensive, and needed a very intense monthly clean routine, which could be quite exhausting.To me a car is a means for getting from A to B, and as long as the windows and exterior lights are clean, nothing else bothers me within reason. Why spend time and money on a vehicle for the benefit of future owners who will invest a fraction of what you have.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not sure any one can answer that question. On the basis of you pay for what you get, I can only assume that any of the higher priced products will do the job nicely. Personally I tend to use a manual car wash, which has a wheel cleaner, soap jet, soap brush, and cold spray. There is also a final option of a wax spray which I use every couple of months. My local one operates on a time basis and rarely costs more than £2.50. The alternative of washing at home with expensive products and a water meter, together with all the mess in the drive, does not work out as cost effective.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have a so-in-law who was into 'pimping' and 'showing' his car, traveling with his club around the country. He appeared with his knowledge and contacts to know which products were best.

He advised which products (in fact he actually bought on my behalf), all the things needed to look after the glass, rubber trim, wheels, tyres, bodywork, interior plastic, fabric or in my case, leather and applicators such as sponge and leather.

That was 7 years ago. I can ask him again as I have forgotten and don't use any polish nowadays or fabric cleaner. He may have up-to-date knowledge still.

However, once again, do some research and I'm sure you will find advice if you compare opinions.

As for preparing the car, as John says, the best place is a local manual car wash.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks to you both for these comments. Actually I was only curious as to what the writer considered to be the best polish and as yet nothing from the original source. At one time it was considered that having the car Waxed was the ultimate have not heard of this for a long time. I know it was very hard work only able to do a small part of the car at a time,I bet you two old stagers know what I am talking about. I have a nice new Picasso close to top of range coming within next few days(red) it is a bit late but It will come. Believe me I won't be spending silly money having any fancy polish job! Even though I will.at least for a while,desert the Ford camp me thinks I will continue visiting this club site. I have and no doubt will continue to enjoy the conversation. Arm987

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
arm987 said:
Thanks to you both for these comments. Actually I was only curious as to what the writer considered to be the best polish and as yet nothing from the original source.

So you waste my precious time!

btw. don't understand, "nothing from the original source", but never mind, I don't want to waste your time too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I didn't bother with diamondbrite. I considered it expensive and feel that if you regularly clean your car with quality wash & wax shampoo and occasionally polish it you will get more satisfaction and a great finish.
I have washed mine by hand every couple of weeks or sofrom new with Simoniz Wash & Wax using a microfiber mitand the dirt and bugs justglide off,leaving a great looking paint finish. I plan to give it a wax in the Autumn to protect it for Winter.

I don't believe Ford's sell cars that need additional paint treatments from new. When was the last time you saw a modern car with poor paint.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dear jaycee thank you very much for finding out about diamondbrite for me, much appreciated. my B-MAX is completed and awaiting shipment, and yes I will have diamondbrite. I hope you will have yours soon with diamondbrite ? ivan

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
ivan said:
dear jaycee thank you very much for finding out about diamondbrite for me, much appreciated. my B-MAX is completed and awaiting shipment, and yes I will have diamondbrite. I hope you will have yours soon with diamondbrite ? ivan

Just one last comment Ivan:

Beware of salesmen who depend on sales for income, especially those who are self employed working a franchise for the Diamodbrite company. None of that group would ever say, "We don't recommend but would always say, go for it." Once they have your money you will not be welcome if you have problems.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
418 Posts
I think you need to read the manual for the product before you commit yourself to purchase. It will probably commit you to two or three hours per fortnight of paintwork treatment. It would probably be more cost effective to have a professional car valet every three months; with less exertion.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Makem

If you read the threads, Ivan asked if anyone could help him with Info on Diamondbrite, I replied with some info regarding the application. Ivan thanked me for said info, said he would be having it on his B-max and wished me well with my B-max. I replied to this and said he was welcome to my input. He did not ask me a question, so I have nothing to answer to.

Jaycee

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hold onto your money, diamondbrite isn't worth it. The whole two stage process that bonds together (according to their website), is a load of tosh. Stage 1 is white spirit that cleans your paintwork. Stage 2 is nothing but a long lasting car polish.

I paid 300 to have it applied to my car and religiously cleaned it with conserver once a month. Bird lime got onto paint and etched straight into paintwork. The lifetime guarantee is worthless, as they did everything they could to avoid my complaint.In fact had to threaten trading standards to get a response and then eventually they repaired my car.

If you really want the product, loads of valet bay extras can be purchased on eBay. Diamondbrite will tell you it's not the right product but it is. White spirit and Car polish for a few quid. Bargain!!!Edited by: Toni54

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
JulietCharlie said:
Hi Makem

If you read the threads, Ivan asked if anyone could help him with Info on Diamondbrite, I replied with some info regarding the application. Ivan thanked me for said info, said he would be having it on his B-max and wished me well with my B-max. I replied to this and said he was welcome to my input. He did not ask me a question, so I have nothing to answer to.

Jaycee

Yes, the op did ask for advice and yes, he did ask a question which to date you have not answered:

<t></t><t></t><t></t><t></t><t></t><table ="tableborder"="" align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" style="width: 968px; color: rgb44, 44, 44; font-family: Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; table-layout: fixed;"><t><tr ="msgablerow"="" style="height: 200px; min-height: 200px;"><td valign="top" ="msglinedevider"=""><div ="msg"="" style="width: 813px;">

There's the question!

Perhaps there is no justification for askingme to read threads?

The whole reason for my posts in this thread was because you gave a salesman's opinion of why you should have diamonbright and then said you hoped it would not influence the op!

snip>
check it out for yourself with the salesman/DiamondBright application operative.....Ask your own questions.

snip>

It appears it has, contrary to all the other posts which advise against having this expensive no going back treatment.

I think the least you can do is to tell the op whether or not you will have the treatment and if not, maybe he will follow the advise of those who do not have a vested interest. Having read the comments of other posters he is obviously wondering as we all are, whether you are still going for it.

</td></tr><tr ="postseparatortablerow"=""></tr></t></table>

Edited by: makem

1 - 20 of 31 Posts