Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been reading about direct injection carbon build up issues with Ecoboost engines? It would appear because the fuel is injected directly into the combustion chamber rather than the back of the intake valve could cause problems in the future. Ford's engine management technology is supposed to be a market leader in preventing this happening, or so they say.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mitsubishi had this issues years ago when they introduced the gdi petrol engines. I did post a link here months ago.
Youtube have American ecoboost owners complaining of carbon build up.

Maybe use of redex/millers etc additives might help. We are looking at cars with high mileage.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess it's just another example ofmotor manufacturers using the market place as a test groundfor the likes of us.

If there is any truth in it, and there's usually no smoke without fire, then I fear longevity of the Ecoboost engine could provebe costly. All I can say at the moment, with 31000 on the clock; there is no evidece of power loss (one of the symptoms apparently) or missfiring.
Edited by: Willow

·
Registered
52 Posts
For decades manufacturers been using us as testers/quality control.
They're only interested in selling products, make as much profit as possible and try to make sure that the cars are good for the first few years. After that the car will probably end up with a second owner.

With the b-max we have the powershift box which is proof that it's not fit for longevity.

Talk about penny pinching anyone remember about the ford pinto fuel tank? It was said it was cheaper to pay compensation than to redesign.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The ecoboost has been around for a while now and I have not read of too many with carbonisation problems and some will have covered a fair few miles by now.

I think I read something about it being a bigger problem with engines that tend to do a lot of short journeys somewhere.Edited by: cianpars

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.