Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Dagenham Motors today, the B-MAX will be available from the end of September 2012 for delivery.
The retailer I ordered from must have known this because the delivery date on my order is 1st October.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just had a call from the supplies a few minutes ago:

You car has been built and is on it's way here. It will be delivered to us during week ending 6th October 2012. I should be able to collect on 6th after they register my personalised plate and insure it.

So still two weeks but better news than given by other suppliers.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paid for the car today for collection by 6th October. Car will be registered on 26th Sept and taxed using the free 7 day Ford insurance. The free insurance will be extended for 7 days from date of collection.

To date Ford Insurance are giving the cheapest fully comp. cover which includes comp. cover for 31 days in the EU., £100/250 excess, £0/60 windscreen excess, legal cover and protected n/c discount. It also covers an 'L' driver with 2 months experience.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Finally it's almost here! Must be real now it's all paid for. Good that Ford insurance is competitive. I know last time I had a quote from them it wasn't.

Thanks for keeping us all updated. Hopefully we should start to see some more people join if deliveries are going to start soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ours was bulilt on the 6th of September but we've been told there are problems getting them out of the factory. We still don't have a factory release date so have no idea when we're likely to get it.

Edited by: Bob J

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bob J said:
Ours was bulilt on the 6th of September but we've been told there are problems getting them out of the factory. We still don't have a factory release date so have no idea when we're likely to get it.
I have a Gate Release Date of 15th Sept for delivery 1st to 6th Oct., printout from suppliers computer.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
greatbrit said:
Same here, speculation on quality control but Fird won't say what's going on - anybody getting their hands on theirs yet?
Can you say where you got that information? You say 'Ford', do you mean the salesroom or Ford themselves?

·
Registered
10 Posts
A Ford Red Top to dealers says they have put a "ship stop" on B-max due to an electronic components poor testing at factory. This part is being replaced at Flushing for vehicles not yet shipped (which includes mine) so hoping for release by end of this week. On the upside as it wasn't gate released mine wasn't registered and Ford have announced a further £950 customer saving to facilitate launch so delay worked in my favour at least!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
greatbrit said:
A Ford Red Top to dealers says they have put a "ship stop" on B-max due to an electronic components poor testing at factory. This part is being replaced at Flushing for vehicles not yet shipped (which includes mine) so hoping for release by end of this week. On the upside as it wasn't gate released mine wasn't registered and Ford have announced a further £950 customer saving to facilitate launch so delay worked in my favour at least!
You mean a further saving in addition to the £1000 offered for using their finance and the free extras for advance purchase?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts