Ford B-Max Forum banner

Day 9 and B-Max already back in garage :(

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Pete J 
#1 ·
Hi,

I was going to register and say how pleased I was with my new 63 plate B-Max Titanium 1.0 (100ps) car but at 9 days old with 200 miles on the clock my car is in the garage.

I noticed this afternoon that when getting out of the car and locking it the rear passenger side window was open, this was odd as in this weather I hadn't even opened any of the windows. I got back in the car and tried to put the window up, all other windows were working correctly but the rear passengers side button wasn't working. I went round to that side of the car and was unable to open the rear passenger side door.

I called the garage and they said to take it in - very cold drive with the rear window open. I am now in a fiesta courtesy car until they find out the problem and repair the car.

Very gutted as was really enjoying the car.

Sarah

See less See more
#2 ·
Poor you. I have just ditched my 2012 B-Max due to so many problems. I was in and out of the dealership more times than I change my knickers!Rear Passenger window took on a life of it's own, door alarms chiming despite being adjusted twice, engine malfunction notice putting car in to limp home mode at least thirty times, climate control not working, automatic wipers waiting until huge downpour before working, just a few things that made the car a nightmare. Still, my dealer has been great as I threw in the towel and he got me a brand new Focus Titanium 1lt 125 ecoboost at a few thousand less than retail with a few extras for good measure. It must have been the tears that did it. I was so upset because I had started to love that car and driving it had ben a pleasure until the problems. I wish you luck with your car but I won't be surprised if you exchange it before long. If you get the engine malfunction notice, it is a software fault and can cause the engine to completely cut out as what happens with my friend's 2012 Fiesta. Just be aware
Take care

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I chose the B-Max as it was higher and easier to get in and out of. I have mobility issues and really liked the comfort of the B-Max.

Will be calling the garage on Monday as I am wary of others having issues and really don't need a car which is going to be in and out of the garage all the time. The reason for selling my last car which was a 2013 reg only 8 months old was because of the issues and unhelpful Kia service.

I am hoping the garage will be super helpful as we have another order in with them for a Ford Fiesta ST2 for my husband, this is due to be delivered in February.

#4 ·
I have just completed my first 1000 miles and after my poor experience with the delivery delays and having to take an alternative car I was nervous about how I would like the car. My worries were exacerbated by the stories of gloom that I was reading in the various posts. The car that I eventually got was a Titanium 1.0 125 with city pack. I love it. It replaced a Citroen C4 Picasso 2.00 hdiexecutive which had every extra possible fitted. The Bmax is much smaller but does not feel so different from the inside but does when manoeuvring pasttractors and lorries in the small lanes around my home.The caris agile and although the engine does not have the same power as the Citroen it feels much more lively and sporting.

My average fuel consumption is 44.5 mpg, with the best on a run being 53 and the worst 41. This is over mixed driving including a 90 mile trip which took over 4 hours. On the open road I travel between 60 and 70mph. One 180 mile trip I was 5 up and was surprised at how everybody fitted in quite comfortably despite all of the luggage being a bit of a squeeze. Theengine hardly noticed the load. I had to use the climate control set to screen with the air conditioning on to prevent misting of all windows as it was wet and cold, it kept the car clear. I have had no problems with the climate control being able to run it on auto without the aircon on and able to direct the air where I want it when necessary, the high power boost works a treat but becomes very hot if you run it too long.

The auto wipers work well and I have no problems with the unswept area at the edge of the screen but this may be because I have short legs and sit close to the front which also means that the thick central pillars do not obstruct my view of overtaking vehicles although I can see that this could be a problem for some. The only failure that I have encountered is with the Auto lights which worked fine for the first two weeks but then decided to stay on in bright daylight, which is probably better than the Citroen which would not come on until it was almost completely dark. I hope that I continue to enjoy this car but realise that in order to keep the reasonable fuel consumption I will have to stop using it as a sports car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.