Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of installing a dashcam and the Nextbase products seem to get good reviews. I was going to hard wire it but found that Halfords will save me the aggro for £30.
Three problems I can foresee though:

1. I read somewhere that the cameras seem to focus on the filaments in the heated windscreen - anyone had a problem with that?

2. I was thinking of placing it behind the rear view mirror but isn't that where the sensors are for the autowipers and autolights?

Any thoughts? Anyone else have a dashcam that would like to share their experiences.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, just joined site, fitted a next base duo cam today in my car (1 plate titanium x) hard wired it in, you have tofind a ignition controlled live do not use the 12volt accessary sockets as they are permanently live, mount camera to the left of mirror the windscreen filaments do not affect the camera mine works fine

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks David, That's exactly what I was thinking. I have a MK7 Fiesta at present and the accessory socket is also always live on that.
I guess slightly left of the mirror makes it accessible, does not interfere with your view and doesn't affect the auto lights or wipers.

The duocam looks good, but at £200, a little more than I had intended to pay.

Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi sorry to ask you a different question but I am thinking of buying a Titanium 123 BHP but unsure of the MPG they get as on a test drive I was getting 30, can you advise what kind of mileage you get please

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi BobAfraid my car is a 1.6 auto having said that I get 30 mpg around town and 48/50 mpg on a long run the reason I only get 30mpg is because the auto box will not go into 5/6 gear under 30 mph even if you try it manually. Not worried about consumption as I don't do a lot of miles lovely car though
David

·
Registered
212 Posts
Please, do not spend money on something under Vico Marcus 4! In case you'll NEED those images, no matter if there will be a breath-taking mountain panorama, or the video that will prove your innocence in case of collision, they have to be the best.
Have a look: http://www.vicovation.com/default.asp?lang=engEdited by: vdragoslav

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Garmin Nuvicam. It has a 6 inch screen and as well as being an excellent dashcam it is a voice activated satnav it also warns you when you get too close to the car infront and when you go over lane lines. You can add a wireless reversing camera as well. My last car, a 08 Fiesta was destroyed by a white van man who ran a red light and the video quality was brilliant, it left no doubt about who was at fault.

·
Registered
136 Posts
IF I wanted something to nag me when I was driving too close I would get married :)

Seriously such systems can be a pain if not properly calibrated. I was a passenger in car with a lane warning system which was a real pain as it beeped madly in all sorts of daft places including when overtaking.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just a question about the camera, do you not need it wired into a live socket as I understand it can monitor your car when it's parked up too. Or does it have a built in battery for that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts