Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a dashcam hardwired by Halfords on Friday and noticed today the rear screen heater is no longer working.

I did ask them specifically to use a spare fuse, but the guy just jumped into the car with his multi meter. Not the slightest bit interester in the fact that I opened the manual for him to see the fuse chart.

I guess he piggy backed it on the rear screen heater or disturbed something.

However, I get the feeling that Halfords might say nothing to do with us and Ford may blame their fitting.

Will have to go back to Halfords in the week and see what they say.

Other than that, still very happy with the ca r even though MPG is a little lower than I was expecting bearing in mind the gentle driving I am doing.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, mysteriously, the screen heater has started working again this morning. I wonder what caused that glitch. Had to frive home yesterday with no rear vision at all then this mirning it cleated a thin layer of ice in a couple of minutes.

It seems that I might have unfairly maligned Halfords.

Anyone else had intermittent problems with heated screens, I have heared about a few front screen issues, particularly where only half of the screen is working.

·
Registered
273 Posts
cianpars said:
Well, mysteriously, the screen heater has started working again this morning. I wonder what caused that glitch. Had to frive home yesterday with no rear vision at all then this mirning it cleated a thin layer of ice in a couple of minutes.

It seems that I might have unfairly maligned Halfords.

Anyone else had intermittent problems with heated screens, I have heared about a few front screen issues, particularly where only half of the screen is working.

Not sure how it works but it seems that if the Bmax battery is not fully charged, the management system will prevent high use items from working.
I did have an issue when I first got my Bmax which caused the battery to drain overnight as certain items took power when the car was parked overnight. This was particularly so if the car was not locked.
A software update fixed this. Maybe you need that update.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe, but I will leave it for a few days and see if it happens again. The car is only 3 weeks old and has done plenty of 20 - 40 mile runs, so it should be pretty much fully charged.

If it happens again, I will have a word with the dealer.

May just have pressed the wrong button though as I'm still getting usrd to the slightly different layout to the Fiesta I had before.

Around 500 miles on the clock now with an average MPG of 41.6. Really enjoying driving the car, though the engine characteristics, torque band and gearing ratios are very different to anyhing I have ever driven.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First one failed (stopped charging) and had to be replaced under warranty, but second one OK.

Wish it was able to save video as mpeg though and should also be supplied with video editing software.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Out of interest how did the fitter get the wire into the area behind the glovebox so that he could access the fusebox? I'd be very grateful if you could shed any light on this as I'm unsure how to get the wire into there. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pretty easy actually. Camera mounted behind rear view mirror. Wire just pushes in under the roof lining and then down the nearside post (which pops off quite easily) into the glove box/fuse box. They use a fuse extension thingy and it's been going for nearly 2 years now with no problems.

I would have hardwired it myself, but since the kit was £20 and the fitting (including the kit) was £30, It was not worth the effort for the sake of a tenner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.