Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody installed a dash cam and if so any ideas as to the best way other than taking the roof lining to pieces.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have installed front and rear cams in my B-max.
You dont have to remove anything, except for the glove box IF you're going to hard wire the cams.
Simply peel back the rubber weather strips at the top of the doors and tuck the cable under the roof lining and tap the weather strip back into place as you go. You can even run the cable down behind the trim on the "A" pillar to keep it out of sight.
Running across the top front of the screen is easy, just tuck the cable in behind the liner. A plastic pry tool may come in handy.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have installed front and rear cams in my B-max.
You dont have to remove anything, except for the glove box IF you're going to hard wire the cams.
Simply peel back the rubber weather strips at the top of the doors and tuck the cable under the roof lining and tap the weather strip back into place as you go. You can even run the cable down behind the trim on the "A" pillar to keep it out of sight.
Running across the top front of the screen is easy, just tuck the cable in behind the liner. A plastic pry tool may come in handy.
Thanks Wiggy, I'll give it a go

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I have a Nextbase front dashcam The wire pushes up under the roof lining without removing anything. Flick off the plastic cover of the A pillar with a trim removal tool or a screwdriver and run the wire behind that and into the fuse box. The hardwire kit contains a replacement fuseholder so it's just a question of whether you want to wire it to an ignition fuse (as I do) or whether you want to run in sentry mode using an always on fuse (at the risk of draining your battery).

Fitting is no more than a 15/20 minute job once you have decided which fuse you want to use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts