Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello Micky b-max, I have not tried it but was shown at the dealership that the door would not open as far as the filler flap. Did this not work?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Doors I didn't dare try it. That the door actually moved at all was enough for me. Peugeot doors don't move a bit when filling is in process. If you say it stops before hitting then I'll take your word for it. Don't fancy trying to prove it much.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not sure what would have happened, but a back seat passenger tried to open a rear door whilst I was driving , not sure how far they got with the manoeuvre but it was a bit worrying.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just finished washing car by hand, (no water shortage).When I remembered a post regarding opening rear passenger nearside door when filler flap open, I discovered that there is indeed a "stop" that will not let door go too near flap. (normal door opening force used)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi micky b-max,

Try it, it will not open to anywhere near where the fuel cap is. It stops solid. Do not no why you dare not try it, as it is easy to control.

·
Registered
418 Posts
There must be child locks somewhere to stop your boys accidentally opening the doors. But even if they did they would be safe because of the seat belts. When you think of it accidentally opening a normal swing rear door would present far more of a hazard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts