Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a B Max Titanium and am puzzled by the radio. I have always listened to my radio on long wave because it gives far better reception and sound quality than FM. The radio in this car does not have long wave so I was interested to see how the DAB side sounded. I only listen to Radio 4 so tried to search for it. During this process I came upon things I am unformiliar with. What is FM-AST and AM-AST and how does DAB1 differ from DAB2? I enitiated a search on DAB1 but the radio turned itself off before it had stopped searching. I repeated the search but there is no BBC Radio 4 dispite the information on the BBC web page saying they transmit on DAB. Radio switched itself off again. How do I get Radio 4 and how do I stop the radio switching its of off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello, if you are looking for Radio 4 on LW it is there on the DAB radio. Press the radio button until you come to the FM band then using the tuning button keep scrolling down the read out until you get 198, and there it is Radio 4 LW complete with the shipping forecast etc.

Cheers John

Edited by: John TS

·
Registered
712 Posts
Your radio may be turning off to conserve the battery. Just start it up again.

Not sure about FM-AST - I googled it and came up with "Automatic Scan Tuning" ?? Maybe someone else can explain !

Re Radio 4 I can get it on DAB no problem . I believe DAB 1&2 are simply 2 separate storage bands i.e you can store 10 channels on DAB 1 and another 10 (different ones) on DAB 2 ! I only ever have listen to DAB - way better sound quality. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I thought it was autostore, where the radio picks up the strongest signals on the waveband selected and automatically stores them for you.

Handy if you drive long distances and lose the local signalsEdited by: cianpars

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your input. I have just come back from a couple of days in London. Lost the FM signal half way there. Retuned for a better reception but in London reception was so bad it was impossible to listen to it. Finally managed to get radio 4 on DAB but it took around half on hour in scan mode to find it. There must be a quicker way to tune into a station. Got as far as reading on the way home and lost the DAB signal but by this time managed to pick up radio 4 on FM again. Never had any of these problems on long wave. Is there a DAB radio for idiots book I wander?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts