Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there.

I am new to the forum/club. Bought the B-Max in June 2017 for the family & loving it. The wife wanted this vehicle for years and my pre-purchase conditions were an armrest & c/control. Deal! And I am Very happy with the choice (1.6 auto T'nium)

The cruise control has now developed an issue. I am sure its under warranty, but just the hassle of booking in, losing it for days and I like to fix what I can (mostly had older cars with easy maintenance).

I would like to ask if any one can help me with resolving the problem?

The c/c will only work from 70mph? We have loads of average speed cameras up my way & also on common routes to fave places. So clicking on the CC at 40mph is, or was, the easy life. No more: 40, 50, 60.... no CC. And its really done my head in. Get on to the m-way, hit 70... no problem, it works fine. Mway journeys are rare for me and there is not any where local you can do much more than 50-60 at a stretch. So the CC is pretty much redundant now. RRRggghhh.

I would like to think it is something I have done inadvertently & can undo? i.e. go in to the console computer & there are choices & options that will fix this?

Would reeeally appreciate any suggestions or known fixes for this problem. If it has to be a Dealer, so-be-it.

Thanking any or all in advance & if not before, have a great Eve & Day tomorrow.

Rich.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Worked it out, though I am not convinced its a fix, or correct?

I took the car for a long drive along the quickest roads I could find and, just out of curiosity, I pressed "On" and "Minus" while doing 40mph & it came on. I then switched it off, almost immediately, and then pressed "On" again when it worked as expected. It now seems to work correctly.

If anyone else experiences this problem, I hope this may be of help?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yep, you press "on" then the plus or minus button to activate the c/c. It will work at all speeds over 20 mph.

Motorways are now so busy that I dont use it too much other than to get the circulation back in my right foot ocasionally.

Can be handy sometimes in motorway roadworks to hold a steady 50 or to avoid activating the average speed cameras in the 40 mph limited M32. How mad is a motorway with a 40mph limit???

·
Registered
242 Posts
This is where reading the destruction manual comes in handy, as all makes of car and model changed cars have their differences.

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
For a very long time M1 near Nottingham had improvement works done. The speed limit was 50. Trust me I did everything to prevent myself taking asleep. Before and after that stretch doing 70 I was alert.

·
Registered
212 Posts
wazza said:
Trust me I did everything to prevent myself taking asleep.
But you failed?

·
Registered
212 Posts
It seems yours is a special one. Mine doesn't have such a parameter... LOL

I'm sorry I can't show it in a more adequate way, but I still want to show the road to the Black Sea (there's a hotel named "Blaxy" :> ) we reached 170 km/h for less than a kilometer, last summer; my godfather was driving the B-MAX:
https://youtu.be/N6T-nGPK2ug
https://youtu.be/kPNKTWBRbDw
https://youtu.be/zO1RPsrMtTU

1 - 11 of 11 Posts