Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well that's a new one.....
Not seen that, as far as I can remember.

Yep dashboard on my Titanium X 1.6 TDCi has started creaking on the passenger side towards the door. Mainly occurs when turning, so I guess it's some form of flex in the body ?

Going along with the creaking leather seats, and the odd bits of loose trim, it's getting a bit creaky and rattly in the car now....time for a change I think....

Anyone had anything similar.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The body does flex.

When I corner sharply the door alarm operates as the bodywork flexes and the system thinks the door is open.

It does need to be a hard, quick turn to replicate this but then, that is my driving manner lol.

Apart from that which I have become used to, no other noticeable creaks or noises.

·
Registered
20 Posts
yep, mine creaks and groans but it's not consistent - today was a quiet drive - who knows if it'll creak tomorrow.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep it will be mentioned when I go for my next service however being out of warranty I shall gauge the cost of their response before I decide whether to correct it or ditch it.
getting close to it's sell by....shame really, quite a nice car but with annoying quality issues.

AB

·
Registered
264 Posts
makem said:
If I had a creak that was annoying the car would be back with the dealer toot sweet!

Cars should not creak during warranty.

I love 'toot sweet'. It's the crem della mumf.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My left sliding door has been creaking like a frog. I took it back to the dealer under warranty and their technician rode in the back & said it was really bad. They greased a black glide rail , which seemed to reduce the probem for a few days. But it seems to be comming back to its original volume. I happens when I go over speed bumps. Also when reversing.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yes,I have creak which seems to be coming from the glove box area. I have emptied but creak still there. It can be very distracting on uneven road surfaces.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Glove box is held in with two plastic bushes at the bottom. Check that these are in tightly as mine keep falling out and someone else has had the same issue on this forum.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Drivers side interior door handle. Can't be described as a creak, more of a loose screw kind of rattle.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I noticed a few days after buying my B Max that the entire dashboard creaked, especially on a warm day. There were other rattles, but these turned out to be stuff moving about in the door pockets.

Funnily enough the dashboard creak hasn't bothered me for a while now, but having been reminded of it by this thread, it'll no doubt drive me mad tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yeah, the dashboard creaks when the temperature changes due to putting the heater on in winter or aircon on in summer. It's simply expansion and contraction and justaminor annoyance. Doesn't really bother me too much.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts