Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question to members. I,ve just found a 6+ inch crack in the windshield, extending from point of impact to the top edge, by the reversing mirror. Is this an mot failure? If the window repair is carried out do the just glue this sort of damage, or replace the glass? Finally, is the view that the window comp. product is as good as original Fords ? Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had my windscreen cracked on my Bmax last year and had to have a new screen fitted.
A 6 inch crack is a definite replacement. The new screen fitted by autoglass was just like the original one. Driving home from work yesterday the car Infront of me flicked up a stone and chipped the passenger side of my windscreen, luckily this can be repaired and will only cost £10 through my insurance.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Fluff1956 said:
A question to members. I,ve just found a 6+ inch crack in the windshield, extending from point of impact to the top edge, by the reversing mirror. Is this an mot failure? If the window repair is carried out do the just glue this sort of damage, or replace the glass? Finally, is the view that the window comp. product is as good as original Fords ? Thanks.

As said, you can't fix a crack, only a chip. It would fail an MOT as the screen is part of the structure.
It's also a heated screen, so will need to be a Ford part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts