Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got caught by surprise at the weekend when I realised that the Coolant was at the Minimum marker, as previous motors have generally gone service to service with only minimal additions to the header.
The car has done 10K, and I admit to not toppingcoolant up)and is being serviced at the weekend, but I still topped up with water (after checking with the dealer) to the Max line.

Anyone else got any comments on coolant useage?

Geriatricus.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As the concentration was only going down to ca.45%, and I didn't have any antifreeze when I noticed (due to the lack of previous need), coupled with a Service this week-end where they will undoubtedly check and balance the concentration to 50% I think it is a reasonable situation.

Geriatricus

·
Registered
418 Posts
Fair enough !! A lot of manufacturers these days seem to use a brand that is not called anti-freeze. Probably has a similar relationship to Dustmen and refuse disposal officers....

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At the service yesterday, the garage did not add any further antifreeze as they stated that the concentration was OK down to -23°C. Sounds like the acceptable dilution is about 45% rather than the 50% for additions given in the handbook.
I will watch rather more carefully in future and get some antifreeze for topping up.

Geriatricus

1 - 6 of 6 Posts