Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012-3 Manual Regularly serviced, superb until one month out of warranty.Then out of the blue ""˜engine malfunction' light, lumpy tickover and intermittent starting probs. Local garage (v good) referred me to Ford Dealer. Bad experience but upshot unable to diagnose fault thought it could be valves but no guarantee (minimum £700). Had to live with it. No rectification. 18 months on and it's now sticking in gear after longish drives. Local garage checked all the obvious points. No explanation. Seen elsewhere that wiring harness might be problem. At wit's end. Obviously unsaleable as it stands. Help needed!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm no mechanic, but ifanyone is gonna try n help you. you need to give more info. Like engine size, manual or auto.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Realised youhave said it is a manual, I woud start with gearbox oil change with possibly getting the oil health checked as this will let you know what is probably happening inside the box. You could also go down the oil health monitoring route as this could be the cheapest way to diagnose what is going on in your engine too.

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sticking in gear is often the clutch not disengageing properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts