Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am getting quite bad condensation inside my B Max. I have nothing in the car that is wet to cause this.This morning it was bad the whole windscreen plus the rear screen but not as bad on the door windows ?
It has rained heavily here and been very windy but it has had condensation in it when it has not been raining.
Has anyone else got the same problem ? I,m not looking forward to the cold weather as I could be scraping off ice inside the car ! I,m not impressed with my B max only had it four months I may get rid soon. I quick cleared the windscreen then went for a half hour drive got home parked the car several minutes later go out to the car and the condensation is back inside the car ? The carpets and seats are dry . Any help appreciated,cheers.

Edited by: carl

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
carl said:
Hi guys, I am getting quite bad condensation inside my B Max. I have nothing in the car that is wet to cause this.This morning it was bad the whole windscreen plus the rear screen but not as bad on the door windows ?
It has rained heavily here and been very windy but it has had condensation in it when it has not been raining.
Has anyone else got the same problem ? I,m not looking forward to the cold weather as I could be scraping off ice inside the car ! I,m not impressed with my B max only had it four months I may get rid soon. I quick cleared the windscreen then went for a half hour drive got home parked the car several minutes later go out to the car and the condensation is back inside the car ? The carpets and seats are dry . Any help appreciated,cheers.

Is the 'recirculation button' set to recirculate the air in the car? It should always be off to bring in fresh air.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Carl, it is almost certainly a water leak somewere, try feeling the carpets and in the boot you have a better chance of finding it than any mechanic who just has a quick look.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jack, I had a quick feel of the carpets and they were dry will have another look tomorrow,cheers.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Sorry to hear of your condensation problem. My car is fine, but then it is garaged overnight.

This could be useful.

http://hubpages.com/autos/How-to-prevent-condensation-inside-your-car

Best of luck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thankyou John,will check car again tomorrow if I can,t find the problem I will phone the ford garage after Christmas.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was the first really cold night and on checking the car this morning the condensation inside my b max is terrible. Also the lights on the a/c unit that show the heated screens are both not working,this car has really got me down fed up with all the problems.I phoned the manager of the garage where I bought the car and he wants to keep it over night next Wednesday 13th January to see for himself all the condensation, he said it should not be happening.
I mentioned the heated screen lights and he said they should light up so would look at that. I also mentioned the intermittent rattle in the drivers door as this is very annoying , I told him a few people on the b max owners forum had also got this rattling in the drivers door and it was the wires to the speaker causing it. He said this would be looked at.
I will give the garage the chance to solve the condensation problem if they can,t I will ask them to give me the best possible trade in price or go to another dealer not a Ford as this car has shaken my confidence in them.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Morning Carl. I am picking my bmax up today so I am unsure whether the bmax is the same as many other cars, but. Having had a problem like this many moons ago and being rather tight fisted, untrusting and mechanically minded, I decided to investigate the problem myself.... My advice is to actually feel under the carpets as nowadays the carpets are bonded to a waterproof and sound deadening layer. So the water ingress, if you have it, could be laying under the carpet, thus the carpet feels dry. Just to share, my water I greys was caused by a blocked water drain pipe that was meant to take water away from the roof and windscreen, it was located just in front and under of the windscreen, under the bonnet. I had to remover the grill type thing where the wiper motor is located under and there my friend was the blockage. It was full of old rotting leaves and such debris. Once cleaned thoroughly I dried the car out inside and all was good.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TheInstructor said:
Morning Carl. I am picking my bmax up today so I am unsure whether the bmax is the same as many other cars, but. Having had a problem like this many moons ago and being rather tight fisted, untrusting and mechanically minded, I decided to investigate the problem myself.... My advice is to actually feel under the carpets as nowadays the carpets are bonded to a waterproof and sound deadening layer. So the water ingress, if you have it, could be laying under the carpet, thus the carpet feels dry. Just to share, my water I greys was caused by a blocked water drain pipe that was meant to take water away from the roof and windscreen, it was located just in front and under of the windscreen, under the bonnet. I had to remover the grill type thing where the wiper motor is located under and there my friend was the blockage. It was full of old rotting leaves and such debris. Once cleaned thoroughly I dried the car out inside and all was good.
Hi, thanks for your input will have a quick look to see under the bonnet but don,t want to start taking things apart as I am pretty hopeless with anything mechanical etc. I took it to the garage several weeks ago and they could not find where the water was getting in and said to monitor it. Well with the first really cold night last night the front windscreen was really wet and the side windows on one side only ? The carpets and seats are all dry but my cd,s all had condensation on them,all loose in drivers door compartment.I have ptsd and depression and things like this really effect me more than the ' normal ' guy . I hope the garage can get to the bottom of this. Thanks for your help,much appreciated mate.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please can someone confirm that when you push the heated screen buttonsfor your front and back screens an orange light comes on next to them . I push mine and no light so don,t know if screen heating is on or not. Taking it to the garage on Wednesday to try and find where condensation problem is coming from so will get the screen heater lights sorted hopefully, just need to double check lights should come on,cheers.p.s looked under bonnet could not see any blockage at vents but did not strip it all out the garage can do that.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Carl, yes my lights come on when the buttons you mention are pressed.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Having g had my uttons explained to me in great detail, you should have a "max" button right at the bottom middle of all your heater controls buttons. This should put other your front and rear screens on, along with the heater blower at full tilt on your windscreen.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TheInstructor said:
Having g had my uttons explained to me in great detail, you should have a "max" button right at the bottom middle of all your heater controls buttons. This should put other your front and rear screens on, along with the heater blower at full tilt on your windscreen.
Hi, think you might have a different model to mine ( zetec ) . The orange l.e.d lights on my heated front and rear screen heater buttons are now working,very strange ? I will keep an eye on them and test each day especially when the condensation is bad inside the car. It,s just another intermittent fault as the steering wheel mounted radio control also has a mind of its own works fine one day then won,t go from channel 1 up to channel 2 the next.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts