Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

so I bought a Ford eco-boost 1.0 on a 13 plate today and I just wanted to ask a few things.

1. It might be normal but the engine seems so loud under acceleration when your cruising you can’t here it.Is that normal???

2. should there b a spare wheel in the car???

3. where the best place to buy parts from also decals

·
Registered
708 Posts
Which ecoboost engine is it ? 100 or 125ps ?
A spare wheel is an option from new, so if you don't have one, you could get one.

·
Registered
413 Posts
1. yes quite normal for an engine to make more noise when it is under 'load'
2. yes you can get a space saver spare, I believe its the same as the fiesta one. or you could even get a full size spare. don't forget you would also need the jack, and a wrench for the wheelnuts. but nowdays I recommend you get aa/rac/greenflag recovery of some form.
3. welcome!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. yes quite normal for an engine to make more noise when it is under 'load'
2. yes you can get a space saver spare, I believe its the same as the fiesta one. or you could even get a full size spare. don't forget you would also need the jack, and a wrench for the wheelnuts. but nowdays I recommend you get aa/rac/greenflag recovery of some form.
3. welcome!
Thanks for the reply.
Having not had a eco-boost engine before was concerned when I pulled away and it sounded like a transit van.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If anyone needs a spacesaver wheel/tyre plus full jack kit etc., I have one, unused, from when I had my BMax. No sensible offer refused. I could travel to meet to handover (I'm in east Anglia)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone needs a spacesaver wheel/tyre plus full jack kit etc., I have one, unused, from when I had my BMax. No sensible offer refused. I could travel to meet to handover (I'm in east Anglia)
How much you after?? Also what size is it as I have 17s on the car currently
Would you send it or think it might be a bit expensive??

·
Registered
256 Posts
Tyre is marked T125/80 R15 95M CST17
£45 if not not travelling too far.
IMG_20210522_121844_813.jpg IMG_20210522_121915_943.jpg IMG_20210522_121920_069.jpg IMG_20210522_121924_162.jpg

·
Registered
256 Posts
How much you after?? Also what size is it as I have 17s on the car currently
Would you send it or think it might be a bit expensive??
Any interest in the spare wheel/tyre
Jayboy80?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts