Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. New to the forum and need advice. Have an 1.6 automatic transmission BMax. Bought in Norway in October 2013 now running on UK plates since August 2016. Clutch plate already replaced twice by Ford Norway. Started to experience judder again and left with TrustFord Edgware (London) on 28 August. Got a call 30 August and told that clutch needed changing again. Cost estimated to 1303£. Then we heard noting. Called repeatedly sometimes twice or thee times a day. Nobody could tell what was going on with the car. Then on 24 September I get a call from TrustFord telling me that the new clutch that they’ve fitted won’t communicate with the transmission/gearbox and as a result the whole thing will have to be replaced - and at at cost four times our original quote. How is it possible that I drive into the garage with a fully functional car (although with a bit of judder) and now it doesn’t work at all. Is that ok and what are my options? The old clutch and the gearbox “talked” but now there is, according to TrustFord, an undefined fault with the gearbox meaning they have to change the whole thing. They can’t even tell if the fault is mechanical or electronic. I have no idea what to do as I need my car and I’m in serious need on some advice on what to do next. Can I demand that they put my car back together as it was so I can seek a second opinion. Now I feel taken hostage by TrustFord. PLEASE ADVICE!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I guess the car is an import and is out of warranty, so Ford will not want to know. I think you should go for a small claims court judgement against the dealer, who should be obliged to, at least, put the car back to how it was. If they can't do that, they may be ordered to fix it. https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-use-the-small-claims-court
If the dealer refuses, your claim is the cost of another garage fixing it.
The process is simple and not expensive but can be a bit bureaucratic but worth pursuing.

·
Registered
311 Posts
If seeking a legal judgement, be sure to point out that it's a manufacturing defect, not wear and tear.
As well as being possibly dangerous

Up to 70,000 Ford owners could join class action to sue the car maker over 'dangerous PowerShift transmission that cause sudden acceleration and difficulty stopping while braking'

• Australian automatic Ford Fiesta and Focus owners are suing the car giant
  • Law suit alleges the 'Powershift' transmission makes the cars dangerous
  • Alleged fault means car speeds up suddenly or fails to brake
  • Australian action follows law suits against Ford in US over same part
  • Owner Kelly Richards said fault caused her Fiesta to erupt into flames

1 - 5 of 5 Posts