Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have become the latest chump to buy a B Max auto.....
Clutch judder gets worse the further you drive and the rear passenger door makes a groaning sound if you drive over uneven ground!
I've already been fobbed-off by the local Ford dealer in Chester with a 'software upgrade' but the juddering clutch remains. As for the groaning door the Ford dealer said 'they all do that mate!. Dealer is contacting Ford tomorrow to get clearance for further work (i.e. new clutch and seal assy). If Ford don't approve the repair to this 3year old car I will have a bill for over £1200!!! Think I'll get it fixed and get rid! My last car was a Renault Grand Scenic diesel which was absolutely faultless......
Any one else going through this farce with Ford???

Graham

·
Registered
2 Posts
Join the club!
I think most owners of B Max with a Powershift gearbox are having the same problems as you.
I'm currently in dialogue with Ford Customer "Service" Dept. A lady called Jenna. I use the word Service in it's loosest form as so far I haven't had any. I must say the Dealer is tearing his hair out as he is aware he's loosing customers and income through no fault of his own. He would love to fit a replacement clutch unit but Ford won't sanction it as the judder, in their opinion isn't bad enough.
I've asked Jenna to give me an answer to the question who decided and what are the parameters for the acceptable limit of judder. Clearly their view and those of the thousands of Powershift owners is vastly different (In my view there shouldn't be any). To date, after several attemts to get this very simple question answered all I've had is flannel. She tries to blame the dealer, who is obviously incandescent but has his hands tied. I've suggested that as the problem has started within the warranty period, if the unit should break down after the period has expired Ford should accept responsibility and replace the clutch free of charge - I think she had to go find a darkened room and lie down for a while.
I've also suggested that a "crowd funding" scheme be set up to challenge Ford in the courts as she has suggested that might be the only way forward in this case (I've still to look into the Ombudsman approach.) Once I get my facts fully co-ordinated I'll be back to see if there are any legs in this idea.
In the mean time happy juddering.

John Bradley

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been back to the independant garage I bought my B Max from today to be told 'we think Ford might fit a new clutch but we are not sure'. No mention of the groaning door!
However, there is no might about my intention to get rid of this heap asap and look elsewhere - goodbye Ford - it was short but not sweet! the shame is that it is a nice car to drive -might be better with a japanese auto box!!! If only Toyota made a car like this........

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
car (B Max) lurched forward at a busy roundabout today and started shaking like an old washing machine when I tried to drive off! Now out looking for another car - DON'T BUY A FORD!!!!
My B Max is only 3 years old!

Graham

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine went in for the third time a few days ago and yet another software update. It is behaving much better bur still Huddersfield when hot which is after the first or second trip of the day. But usually ok on first trip however long. Ford service still claim that the judder is within acceptable limits. That'S Fords limits and definitely not mine. The warranty expires in twenty days so l have to decide whether or not to take the financial loss and p/X this heap or soldier on with an independent warranty purchase. Having just retired a hefty clutch pack bill of £1200 will be no joke and a new gearbox if it comes to it will write the car off. I am going to take some legal advice as l have been told by Ford that the only warranty extension to five years is for the transmission control module and not the clutch pack. This is a truly disgraceful attitude by Ford and l have vowed never to buy another despite good experience with our 15 year old petrol auto Focus. I changed from a troublesome Focus turbo diesel for this BMax not knowing the problems with the auto. Just to rub it in the garage that has been used for warranty work has offered 1600 less than website buyers and other manufacturers as they know that this model is problematic. If l went with their offer l would have lost £4800 in less than ten months! So o more Fords for me. Lets see what the legal a advice is. Good luck to all who are being similarly conned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Really worried having read this thread. Two weeks since buying our second hand 64 plate Auto petrol B Max.
We have the judder! It's actually quite dangerous and causes serious doos when trying to accelerate to overtake say a cyclist. We have 2 year warranty but reading the thread above it sound like even getting the clutch replaced might only fix the issue for another 5000 miles! We are flat broke having just got married and have used all our remaining funds to buy a new car with the idea it will last us a while! ˜– I looked up known faults on the Internet for the car and the one that came up a lot was the battery draining. This particular issue didn't appear in my search. It's 2016 why can't companies make cars that last anymore!? Why do basic essential parts fail!? It's so frustrating. The car is off to Trust Ford tomorrow to get looked at. Expect I'll get the same poppycock everyone else has got. But happily Trust Ford collect my car from work and return it free of charge so they can look forwards to me asking them to do that weekly until it's fixed!! At least I won't have to lose any wages or take any time off of work. We only have one car too! Does anyone know if they'll provide a loan car if they keep your car in for extended repair?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well here I am with no car now!
The independant dealer I bought the car from is trying to get Ford to fix the clutch on my 3 year old 20K miles B Max auto as warranty - and have met a brick wall from Ford and a Ford dealer in Chester who wants £1200 to fix the car. The Ford dealer has the car locked in a compound and the independant dealer I bought the car from has had to lend me a clapped-out 11 year old Vauxhall Vectra soI can get to work!
So- my car is held by a Ford dealer in Chester who is demanding £1200 and they say they can fix the car in 2 days! Ford are not interested at all!
BEWARE - DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM A CAR MAKER AND DEALERSHIP NETWORK WHO JUST WANT YOUR MONEY - ONCE THIS IS OVER I WILL NEVER AGAIN BUT A FORD!!!

GRAHAM - CHESTER

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think that if you contact Ford Customer Service, directly, and refer to the history of posts on here, you may well find that the warranty is extended. See this quote from an e-mail that I have received from Ford.

Ford Motor Company has extended the warranty coverage on the DPS6 Automatic
Transmission Control Module (TCM) to 5 years of service from the warranty start
date of the vehicle.

and this is who it was from..

I hope this information is useful to you. Should you have any queries in the
future, please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected] or by phone on
0203 564 4444.

Kind regards

Nikki Maidment

·
Registered
2 Posts
My B Max is 18 months old and has only covered 6000 miles. It has been back to the supplying dealer twice and is due to go back again next week All because of the judder from the gearbox. This vehicle is on the Motability scheme and they are talking about changing the car for another model. I have had many Fords but do not think i will have another one !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank-you No6 - good thing we have this forum! Ford have not helped and the Chester Ford Dealer is just out to make money - I will pursue the contact at Ford- thanks again.....
Graham

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have this judder problem my car is 18 months old and has covered only 6000 miles !!It is now going back to the supplying dealer for further investigation (ha ha ).
This car was supplied thro Motibility and they are now considering taking it back and suplying another vehicle!!
Will see what develops.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I know it's a bit early to be sure but the latest clutch fix seems to be working.Other than this, major, issue, I find the B max to be a very nice car.
Most cars have their Achilles Heel and most major brands are very difficult to deal with as they are dead scared of multi million £ costs if they issue a recall, so they play faults down and try to deal with them as they arise.
I hate that it is this way but that is the world we live in.
At least I can be a Grumpy Old Man and enjoy it :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well everyone -thanks for all your help and advice but it is to no avail!
I have phoned and emailed Ford direct but they ignored me. The Ford dealer in Chester (Evans Halshaw) still demanded £1200 and Ford have refused to help in any way whatsoever. Absolutely disgusting for a 3 year old Ford B Max with just 20000 miles on it. It has fallen to me to get the car repaired myself. Luckily the independent dealer I bought the car from has helped wherever they can and they have also written to Ford to express their dismay at Fords attitude with people buying their vehicles.
I WILL GET THE CAR FIXED MYSELF AND THEN SELL IT - I WILL NEVER BUY A FORD AGAIN AND I ADVISE ALL OF YOU TO GET RID AS WELL. Ford only want your money - they don't know the meaning of Customer Service!

GRAHAM - CHESTER

·
Registered
712 Posts
Now I well understand your anger here, but do you seriously expect us all to "GET RID" of our cars because you've had a bad experience ?

Everyone has their own take - personally i'm very happy with my car. I had a new Fiesta before this one and I did have cause to write to Ford Customer Care over a fairly minor issue, and was dealt with courteously (and given a free service.)

Because I'm happy with Ford, I don't go around telling all to buy a Ford rather than any other marque. That would be silly!
Just as, after relating your own story, people will make up their own minds about Ford, based on their own experiences.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to hear that Graham I know how stressful it can be but I love my bmax and wont be getting rid any time soon

Is the clutch judder restricted to automatics? It does seem to be prevelant and Ford certainly havent covered themselves with glory here

1 - 20 of 75 Posts