Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone.I am after any advice that people could give me please.I bought a bmax on a 62 plate with the powershift auto gearbox in january.I bought the car from a family member who purchased it from new,the car has completed 30,000 miles.Now basically the problem is that the car started juddering mainly between first and second gear but got worse the hotter the car was.The car was booked in to be looked at by the garage that it was first purchased from and they explained that there was a problem with the clutch.Now i am aware of the problems that they are having with this set up and the oil seals leaking onto the dry clutch which is causing the problem just google and you will find alot of similar problems.We now have to wait for a clutch to be ordered in so when my wife picked the car up she was told of the problem but also that it had a new clutch in august 2013 with 15000 miles on the clock as a warrenty claim.My family member insists that he was never informed of this but only that a small part was changed in the gearbox.So now the car with 30,000 miles will be on its third clutch in less than 2 years which i am very concerned about as this set up is very expensive if the car is out of warrenty.So really i am after any help you guys can give me on what to do as i cannot afford to sell the car and basically lose a load of money in 6 months ownership.I really have lost all confidence in the car and at a loss of what to do.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I bought a B-Max on 9th October 2014 with 10,000 miles on the clock and it developed the same judder.
Invicta Motors in Canterbury where I bought it, have looked at it and have been trying to get a new clutch. They tell me they cannot find one in this country and so have tried Germany with still no success.
They tell me they have two on back order, and I have asked them to contact Ford to chase up the problem. Sorry no help, to you but you are not alone.
regards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts