Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all
New to the group and glad to be in it
My 2014 bmax 1.6tdci diesel engine is quickly clocking up the miles its currently sat at about 58k and i believe the clutch is on its way out (sometimes getting juddering when pulling away and not as responsive as it used to be)
But my question is are there any aftermarket clutches that will fit in the bmax
Im asking as i wanted to remap mine but my mate warned me not to due to the bmax only having a single mass fly wheel which im under the impression if you change your clutch you are best of changing the fly wheel too.

Any help and advice you guys can give will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Never needed to change a flywheel when changing a clutch for other people, but in 40 years of motoring, ive never had a clutch fail.

A remap can put a strain on the drive train, so i suppose a new flywheel would't hurt, but personally, i wouldn't bother.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The short answer is that there are indeed aftermarket clutch kits for the diesel B-Max, Europarts have one listed for about £100. This talk about the flywheel is nonsense. Its not very long ago that all cars had solid flywheels. The only time you had to replace flywheels was if the ring gear used with the starter chippwd a tooth or very rarely if the entire clutch assembly broke up.

That said clutch judder is rarely caused by a worn clutch, the usual symptom of that is a slipping . In fact clutch judder on a manual box is rare and is usually a sign that the clutch face is contaminated. This will cause the clutch to alternately snatch and release and is usually produced by oil leaking past the engine seal. Its worth while looking underneath to see if there is an oil under the engine. If so you need to find someone who can fix that seal.

After 58,000 miles I would NOT expect to replace a clutch. I have owned cars that hit 100 k on the original clutch. The dual clutch assemblies on Powershift boxes are I am afraid a different story being notoriously troublesome.

Edited by: KeithW

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The other thing on a worn out clutch is that the biting point on the pedal ia usually very high, but in this case, oil or fluid on the clutch plate is much more likely. If this is the case, you will sometimes see the judder improveonce the engine and clutch get hot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.