Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be interested to hear any opinions on the ability of the 'climate control' to control the climate in the car.

In my experience I have to turn the temperature down to 17 or 18C to guess that the car will be about 20C.

I have the AC on and the Climate Control set to auto. If I use the MAX AC then it gets so cold I have to turn the temperature back up to 17/18 to get it reasonably comfortable. When the weather gets hotter I expect to have even more difficulty.

In my previous car (Toyota), I just set everything to auto and chose a temperature, nothing more was needed for the car to remain at the temperature I chose.

I was wondering if I am setting it wrongly or whether my climate control is not working correctly. I would like to hear what other users are finding and what setting they use before I consider another trip back to the dealer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't think the temperature control is at all efficient. If I set it at 18 it gets unbearably hot and I'm forever fiddling with it! I have the Titanium and you'd think that once it's set, that'd be what it stayed on. I just think it's a badly designed controller and one of the things they didn't check properly before launching the car.

·
Registered
637 Posts
It confuses me, 4 buttons that all (to me) mean the same thing "Turn on"

*Power Button
*A/C
*Max AC
*Auto

Most of the time, I just turn the power symbol on, then press the windscreen button (for where I want it to come out), leave the temperature control in the middle, and adjust the fan as required.... all the rest of it seems overly complicated for what it does.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Is it so hard to adjust the temperature? all I do is switch on aircon, select "auto",set temperature and let the car take the strain!!!!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gracow said:
Is it so hard to adjust the temperature? all I do is switch on aircon, select "auto",set temperature and let the car take the strain!!!!
I and at least one other do exactly the same.

However, we complain that in our case, it does not work correctly, hence the posts.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Davis_Zadian said:
It confuses me, 4 buttons that all (to me) mean the same thing "Turn on"

*Power Button
*A/C
*Max AC
*Auto

Most of the time, I just turn the power symbol on, then press the windscreen button (for where I want it to come out), leave the temperature control in the middle, and adjust the fan as required.... all the rest of it seems overly complicated for what it does.
Do you have climate control? It seems you do, but when you say "leave the temperature control in the middle", we don't have a 'middle' as such, just a temperature range from which we can select a particular temperature. I have never turned mine down to zero but it does top at 30C and I think bottoms at 0C, which makes our middle 15C.

Can you clarify please?

·
Registered
637 Posts
There are 2 round controllers, one for the fan, one for the temperature. on the temperature controller itself there is a line (presumably to show where it's currently set to... I leave that line facing 12 o'clock between cold and hot.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Is this you climate control panel?

On ours the temperature knob (right) shows the selected temperature on the small screen as seen above and on the lcd larger screen on the dash.

I am not with my car at the moment, but, is the 'line' your mention not a temperature icon?

I would assume that that 'line' can be set at any vertical position on our controls.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Apart from the seat warmer buttons, yes.

You know, looking at that image you have posted, I see now it's an image of a thermometer on the right side. As I only look at those controls in a fleeting glance while driving, I thought it was just a while line on the right controller

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi MakemI have problems too and I am not convinced that the thermostat or whatever the system uses is working properly.
When I had it on say 25 degrees which was quite warm and then turned it down to say 18 degrees it stayed quite warm and I have to turn it down to its coldest setting before it will cool. On my old vehicle (Nissan Juke) if I did the same then it went cool as soon as I turned it down and it altered temperature as soon as I turned it up or down which the B Max does not seem to do. I have it on my list for when it goes to service

1 - 10 of 10 Posts