Ford B-Max Forum banner

Cleaning B-max cloth seats

6K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  vdragoslav 
#1 ·
My kids have completely ruined my back seat. It's heartbreaking :(.
I have the titanium dark fabric seats and they are v difficult to clean compared to any car I've had before. The stains just don't come out. Nowhere else to turn so hoping the B-max community can help.. Any tips?

#2 ·
I scrubbed my old seats using a nail brush with a mild solution of stardrops and water and they came up like new.

You could try carpet cleaning or upholstery cleaning fluid that you may have in the house.

Sometimes the stains can be so bad that they never come out entirely, but the stains can be faded with several applications.

I have used washing up liquid and washing powder in the past too, but stardrops was better.Edited by: cianpars

#3 ·
Ford affirmed some science-fiction qualities of their stuff here (especially the seats): https://secure.ford.co.uk/FordFleet/NewsAndReviews/FordForBusiness/2013/February/ChildProofing

Unfortunately it is no longer availeble...; a month ago it was readable, but now I see the address is redirected. I have a tab with this website opened since January.

I see that google cached at least some of the content (it's the introduction): "Samples of all leathers and fabrics used in the new Ford B-MAX's interior were tested for stain resistance and ease of cleaning after ..."Edited by: vdragoslav

#4 ·
#5 ·
So is that true? Not in the case of the OP it seems.

I found the fabrics in my last 2 Fiestas pretty good as with the B Max.

Unfortunately with most fabrics, you cant clean them with anything too strong as they can fade or discolour.

Most motor factors do sell upholstery cleaners which are quite good.

#8 ·
"These tests make sure we've done everything possible to make sure the car looks as good the thousandth time that families sit in it as it does the first time,""� added Montgomery".

Wow. Stain resistant! I wonder what Montgomery does for a living these days?
Edited by: Andymayo

#9 ·
Anticipating such situation, I ordered... how do you name it.., the cover for the seats: sheath.., casing? :-? In your case, I guess it may simply cover so the look will be just great! 

These are mine; I didn't fit them yet... 

Edited by: vdragoslav

#10 ·
This is the way I contacted the very kind guys who MADE those for me:https://www.huse.ro/configurator-huse-auto/ford-b-maxThe cost: 364 RON, meaning 68.49 GBP.

They previously did the same for only one B-MAX:

#11 ·
They look quite sporty but what fabric are they made from and do they fit tightly.

My experience of fitting generic seat covers in the past is that they were pretty saggy and made of manmade fabrics like nylon.

I don't think I will be buying these and will try to look after my seats as best I can. No children in our family anymore as they have grown up and neither look likely to produce grandchildren for the foreseeable future. Also, I wont let my daufhters dogs anywhere near the B Max.

As a car with a list price of £20,500 is, I intend to look after it as I do with all my cars.

I had my old Fiesta for 5 years and once I had given it a final polish and valet, it looked like brand new when I gavee it to my son in January

#12 ·
Hmm... :-? Did you click on that link? Those are not generic (universal) covers; they fit almost perfectly (5mm error at some points) to... B-MAX!
That's cloth and underneath there's a 2mm sponge layer.

#14 ·
Unfortunately they aren't... But I plan to place (between the seat itself and the cover) a very flexible sheet for beds where children sleep and sometimes...
Then I'll have full protection!

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.