Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again. Having only had 1 new car in my life, taking meticulous care over it, I am just wondering if anyone else is quite as festidious over their cars as I am. Between my car being written off and deciding to go for a ford direct B Max titanium in panther black with extras, I had to disclose some of my secret obsessions that I had with my (old but new) car to the ford dealer so that he understood what is expected when my new BMAX arrives.
I shall share some of my obsessions here just to check if everyone else thinks of me what the guy at the ford dealership did.....
From new, I kept every fuel receipt, not only that, I wrote on the fuel receipt the mileage of my car when I put the fuel in. I was the only person ever to wash my car, by hand, in Xymol car shampoo. I had put electrical compound grease on the battery terminals and other exposed electrical connections. Various nut, bolts and pipes around and under the car had quite a coat of copper grease applied to them, to keep them clean and healthy. I would never think of using de-icer on my windows, harsh chemicals.. grrr! Oh and to finish I must admit to only ever using halfords scented screen wash.
Hopefully I am not alone in thinking that this is normal behaviour for a guy over 40 to lavish on his car? Your thoughts please.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Do not worry there will be plenty of other owners as fastidious as you, I was once and would do all the things you mention, but as I get older I have had to modify my behaviour.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yes , you certainly are somewhat fastidious and particular - much better than not bothering at all though like some people do !!

I'm not as "fussy" as you, (battery terminals are greased annually on service),but I do like to keep my car clean and tidy - my wife teases me because I shake off the fitted mats after every trip !!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hywel, as long as you're not guilty of shaking your mats to the tune of Taylor Swifts annoying tune of shake it off...

·
Registered
712 Posts
I had to google it - not a chance !! Give the neighbours something to laugh about if I did though !

·
Registered
20 Posts
I do like a nice clean and tidy car - good look with Panther Black by the way! You'll be cleaning that every two days!

I would never bother with keeping fuel receipts though.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I cleaned my panther black when it had to much bird droppings on it. The 'soft' car wash did a fair job and I never noticed any damage to the paintwork It sold whether I had cleaned it or not and it was dirty when I exchanged it although I did wash it but didn't clean inside to get an appraisal.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was that way with my first newish car but that was a 1972 Ford Cortina Mk 3 , these days I have somewhat lapsed from grace :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
C'mon Keith. Get back with the car wash program. No need for baby oil on the black plastics nowadays though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts