Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi JAD,

Not sure about the question, but my understanding is that the '12 Volt' sockets are not permanently live, but turn on when the car is unlocked and stay live for about 30 minutes after the ignition is turned off. If that is OK for you, and you may want to test it somehow, then fine. If your question already takes this into account, then you need one of the more technical posters on here to advise.

Cheers,
Geri

Edited by: Geriatricus

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Geri,

Yes initially I thought that it stayed live for about half an hour but later found it still live after being left overnight. The Ford dealer say that the can make it ignition live for about £90.00 (presumably plus VAT). I wonder if I can tap into an ignition live somewhere else but everything is so nicely covered and miniaturized, even the fuse box looks formidable, even though I was a trained mechanic and owned car (Morris through to the demise of BL) dealership, it intimidates me.
Kind regards

John Douglass

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Geri, I use it for my Dash Cam so I would like it to go dead immediately the ignition is switched off otherwise it can overwrite whatever has been recorded. I have bean quoted about £80.00 + VAT to convert it by the dealer to convert it however I will go out start up then switch off and go a check in a hour is to see if it is still live. Ironically the USB socket next to the Cigarette lighter is ignition live but will not work the camera. Best wishes and thanksEmail [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts