Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One cause of irritation on my last 2 Fiesta's is that the cigar lighter socket is always live. That's a problem because we plug things in and leave them, e.g. satnav or phone charger and they are continually sucking a small amount of current from the battery.
I now have a B Max on order and am wondering if it will have the same problem. Don't most manufacturers link it to the accessory setting on the starter? (incidentally my B max will have a starter button).

If that is the case, I will need to change the wiring. Does anyone know off hand which wire to switch on the fuse box and which fuse to switch it to?

Thanks.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Lots of previous posts on here about this. Search "Cigarette lighter" in top right corner.

Incidentally, would you invalidate your warranty If you "re-wired" anything ?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John. The on-line B Max manual said nothing about this, but I managed to find a PDF (which I have downloaded and kept for future reference). It's on this forum and here is a link Dated 2012 but I guess it still applies):
http://www.bmaxownersclub.co.uk/bmax-manual.pdf

On page 81 it says "After you switch the ignition off the power supply will only work for a maximum of 30 minutes"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts