Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one half of my heated front windscreen has packed up checked the handbook saw that there was two fuses decided to try and check the fuses but am unable to remove said fuses, is there a special tool reqd. been to local spares shops but no one seems to be able to advise
help please

·
Registered
265 Posts
bazza said:
one half of my heated front windscreen has packed up checked the handbook saw that there was two fuses decided to try and check the fuses but am unable to remove said fuses, is there a special tool reqd. been to local spares shops but no one seems to be able to advise
help please
I don't mean to be alarmist but the BMax heated screen has some 'history'. I had the same fault when I bought mine at 1 yr old. I went straight back to the Ford dealer.

Please don't laugh, but the following is true.......
Ford will only authorise warranty repairs on receipt of a clear, indisputable, photograph of a screen half misted/half clear.
The Ford dealer performed the 'coffee cup' test, i.e. placing a cup of hot coffee on each side of the dash, wait for the screen to mist up, then switch the heated screen on and photograph the result. Unfortunately not enough mist was created to give a clear photo. The dealer then suggested that I take the car away and perform the........ wait for it.... 'Kettle' test. This, unsurprisingly, involves placing a kettle of boiling water on the dash to ensure plenty of steam. Apparently H&S prevents the dealer from doing this. Coffee cups, Yes, but kettle, No.
I did this, took a photo, sent to dealer who forwarded to Ford. Hey presto! New screen authorised and fitted.
Not sure if the two sides are separately fused but they do seem to be in two sections, within the screen. Good Luck!

·
Registered
265 Posts
bazza said:
thanks for that, I have read about that when I googled my problem, my car is two and a half years old and guess that my warranty has expired
Almost certainly a three year warranty, Bazza. If so get in there sharpish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts