Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm trying to charge my Ford B max titanium battery (2014) and would like to see a battery diagram re location of negative terminal - currently looks like I have to undo nuts to get at it. No diagram info in handbook or online as far as I can discover

·
Super Moderator
559 Posts
when charging you should not connect to the battery negative terminal, but to the easily accessible chassis neg. this is so the battery management system knows the battery has been charged. (don't worry, it will relearn quite quickly anyway)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks - that's what I did (there being no room to attach the charging clip on the negative terminal any way!)

Sorry, although I've owned several cars and have driven quite a few more, since the old king was a lad, your last few words in brackets eluded my feeble grasp of motor mechanics.

·
Super Moderator
559 Posts
modern cars have so many computers; one monitors the battery 'state of charge', by measuring the current going into and out of the battery. they then optimize the charging regime, and disable other loads (like heated windscreen and seats) if if 'thinks' the battery is low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts