Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to change the oil on my B Max. The garage who sold it to me claim they did a pre-delivery service including oil change, but the stuff on the dipstick doesn't look, or smell particularly new to me. Reckon they've tried to blag it by spreading a bit of oil round the filler cap.

I'm assuming that with the car being based on a Fiesta, the job will be straightforward. Anything I should be aware of before going ahead?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Buy yourself a haynes manual for the equivalent engined 2012 Fiesta model (haynes don't produce one for the B Max and have no intention of doing so ), engines and servicing are identical, oil filter is a cartridge type and access is very tight (left side of engine above gearbox and below coolant pipes).

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that.

Buying the Haynes manual is usually one of the first things on my shopping list when I change cars, but I had already read somewhere that there was no Haynes for the B Max.

I'll get my hands on a manual for the 2012 1.6 Fiesta, and thanks again.

Edited by: desthemoaner

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Wipe the dipstick with a clean piece of tissue, show it to the dealer and ask them if this is what freshoil should look like and then ask them to change the oil as agreed.

Same as the fiesta by the way, but the filter is a bit tight to get t.

Use synthetic oil rather than mineral as this offers much more engine protection, which is particularly important if you have a turbo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts