Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a dead fly in the RH rear light cluster, the one in the tailgate, thre handbook shows a method to change the bulbs in this that bears absolutely no resemblance to the real world, the cover they suggest needs removing is just not there, the car in question is a 10L 120 ps titanium, it looks like the light lens can be removed by releasing some plastic clips that grip the edge of the tailgate but they are very stiff and I'm reluctant to force them just in case, has anyone managed to access this area succesfully.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Have it done under warranty!

Flies cannot get into a cluster after fitting so it must have been there in manufacture.

Both my headlight clusters had white 'stuff' on the projector lens. They never asked what it was or how it got there. Just replaced the clusters complete. Your supplier will just tell Ford there is some problem (foreign body etc.) to get paid for the work.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand what you are saying but it should be such a simple job, remove cluster, invert, shake, re install.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Something has come loose in tailgate light cluster. According to service book removing plastic cover should be easy but do not want to break it. Any ideas.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Fred1234 said:
Something has come loose in tailgate light cluster. According to service book removing plastic cover should be easy but do not want to break it. Any ideas.
That is a warranty claim surely? Have you spoken to the supplier? Why should you/we attempt repairs to a vehicle under warranty?

If something does get broken whilst attempting any repair, then that may void the warranty in respect of that repair.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes booked in for tomorrow; something come loose in near side reversing light , not the one with a bulb. Looks like a screw. Cover shoul be easy to get off but don't want to risk it as its my daughters car.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Shortly after I got my car, a small plastic piece suddenly appeared rattling round in the off-side rear light cluster on the door. It was annoying rather than a problem, but it was 'fixed' under warranty; however recently the cluster seems to rattle as if a little loose, when the rear door is closed. I was waiting for the service, due November, before saying anything. When the door is closed everything appears solid.
Maybe there is a design weakness in the cluster, if several of us are having similar types of occurrence.

I wonder if Dan would like to 'sticky' this thread for a while to see if it develops into a real problem.

Geriatricus

·
Registered
11 Posts
We have contacted our Garage who accept that there is a rattle and a problem
with the offside light cluster in the tailgate. They have ordered a new cluster which
will be fitted,under warranty, within the next few days.
Regards Fred

·
Registered
30 Posts
Rear Lights
Has anyone yet found how to get at the rear lights on a b max? Its like the saying " how many people does it take to change a light bulb"Many countries in Europe require us to carry spare bulbs which is a bit pointless if the driver cannot change a bulb.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Geraticus, I have found a small plastic object which had fallen down the side of my off side rear seat whilst it was folded down. It is a sort of grey colour, around 4 inches long and just under an inch wide.

I thought it might have belonged to some kids who were in the back of my car; but have left in in the car for my next visit to the dealers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I will resurrect this one!

I have identified a high power LED replacement bulb for the reversing lamp that will not upset the can bus and throw up warning lights. I need to get to the reversing light cluster on the tailgate to change it.

Has anyone cracked this yet? I have pushed and pulled but it looks like a pry bar or something is needed but I don't want to break anything.

Geoff

·
Registered
96 Posts
hallii said:
I will resurrect this one!

I have identified a high power LED replacement bulb for the reversing lamp that will not upset the can bus and throw up warning lights. I need to get to the reversing light cluster on the tailgate to change it.

Has anyone cracked this yet? I have pushed and pulled but it looks like a pry bar or something is needed but I don't want to break anything.

Geoff

I have phoned my dealer and asked how to remove the rear light clusters or bulbs, THEY DONT KNOW!!!

So I phoned Customer Service, they told me to tell the dealer it's their job to find out how and to phone me and tell me how it's done. I outlined a scenario where a rear bulb has gone and it's dark and rainy and all the dealers are closed and I am about to go on a m/way. I need to be able to change a bulb and the manual doesn't tell me how.

Oh! I do love a good challenge.... more to follow.

Geof

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Just had a close look at mine and I would not attempt accessing the bulb.

The inner tailgate door trim is an integral part of the handle to shut it and I would think that the fixing all round must be quite strong, needing knowledge of where the fixing points are to remove it.

I should think it is similar to a Fiesta so maybe some kind non Ford dealer would fit it for a small fee.

Halfords also advertise, "We fit" so maybe they could do it at one of their service stations (not a shop).

Can you say what the equivalent wattage of the replacement is?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Makem, I wouldn't let Halfrauds fit anything on my car!

It should be simple to get access, my guess is that it simply clips in and you just need to know what end to lift/push/pull and it will clip out.

The LED bulb is 33w and is here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-FORD-FIESTA-KA-21-LED-SMD-REVERSE-LIGHT-CANBUS-BULBS-WHITE-LED33W-/171182390289?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27db43fc11

Note there are two in a pack so I will be looking for a split with someone :) also, I can't be 100% sure that the type of fitting is correct until I have actually been able to see the bulbthat isfitted. I reckon that since it fits may other Ford models it stands a good chance.

Geoff

·
Registered
96 Posts
How is this for service:- my Ford dealer (Brooklyn Ford Redditch) have hand delivered an A4 envelope with diagrams of how to do it (they are from the workshop manual by the looks of it).

For the lights "in the wing" there is a cunning little panel in the trim behind the light cluster. It is so close fitting that I missed it, but it is there and you have direct access to the lighting cluster through it.

The reversing and other lights in the tailgate are accessed behind the trim. The trim is in three pieces at the top, but it looks like the large one piece bottom panel is held on by two screws under the closing handle cover (clips off) and a series of clips all round. If you carefully get your fingers under It and pull it down you can see the clips with a torch. It looks like the large panel should come off without removing the upper bits. More to follow when I have got it off, it's to dark and rainy now.

Geoff

·
Registered
13 Posts
The pictures in the manual (pages 152/153) bear absolutely no resemblance to the actual car. In particular, pictures E130196 and E130199 show removable trim panels which do not exist - bit of a handicap, as the first action is "Remove the trim panel".....

·
Registered
96 Posts
The hatch trim panel just pulls off, the clips are designed to be easy to release by pulling. The closing handle which also holds the trim in place is another matter, there are two screws under the plastic cover and getting the cover off without damage is difficult.

Geoff

1 - 20 of 27 Posts