Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gone and been and done it! I have traded in my trusty B max for a lady in Red.
Makem has suggested it would be a good idea if a thread was started giving reason why a change is made so for what it's worth here is the start. Let me make it clear I have no fault to find with B Max or my treatment by Ford,it is a lovely car to drive and there is a threat by my wife of divorce,she loves it!!!.
Truth is,I suffer from a very serious condition called "Caritis" the inability to pass a different car without stopping and trying,and looking and thinking.
Many years ago on way from Armagh to Portadown I spotted a beautiful Damlier V8 sitting outside David Prentice garage,the price was affordable "in those far off days petrol was pennies a gallon" running a car was no big deal. Common sense went out the window,the car went home with me.
For many years it has been so,there was a Toyota Crown,a joy to drive looked like a R/R.
A Toyota MR 2 only kept it 2 weeks would have lost my licence for speeding or possible killed myself and many more. Age now 84 has not mellowed me one bit so a short time ago I was seduced by a lady in red and once again the condition kicked in.
A Citroen C4 Picasso Red VTR+AIRDREAM 1600 Diesel March 2014 1600cc 1500 miles on the clock with all the bells and whistles I fancy. I do have a 7 year old Picasso very battered and worn a Son uses it.
Comparison, much more room much more life I really have a love of roomy cars. The slight difference between the 1500 Bmax and 1600 Picasso size has produced a very much lively drive. If anyone is considering purchase of B Max the 1600cc is the engine it is same one fitted a few different makes of car.
I thought I might have a problem getting used to the stop start,electric parking brake,6speed box and the many other new fangled ideas but no it has been easy. The big difference is the noise level.
I use two very high power hearing aids. With the Bmax it was necessary to use the comfort setting on the hearing aid with volume turned down. With the Citroen I can use them to the full and actually understand what is being said on the radio even at 70 mph,only hearing aid users will understand this.
Do I have any buyer regrets,just a little bit,I miss the snug fit and handling of the Ford. Would I buy one again,yes with a 1.6 Diesel engine.
The road tax is the same mpg is 48,to be fair have been a bit on the heavy foot,enjoyed the smart acceleration,no way to get best mpg.
And so to the next time,well hope there will be a next time.
arm 987

·
Registered
418 Posts
Arm 987; read your post; I really thought I was looking in the mirror and talking to myself !!!
Good luck with the Citroen !!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you not notice I was watching you back from the mirror ?

Have tried out the Picasso owners blog and club page-not a patch on the b-max one thankfully the car is much better than the owners club. Have enjoyed every minute of my bmax and my membership of the forum.

Nothing but the best to all members.

Arm 987

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, changing the B-Max (trading in a 6 month old Zetec 1.0 100hp).

Like it so much, getting another B-Max (Titanium X 1.6 TDi).

Should be here by mid-November.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have traded my 1.4 Zetec in for a 1.5TDCI Ecosport titanium-x, in white with all the bells and whistles.
Sadly the upholsteryof the B-Max was not standing up to thepunishment it was getting,because of a passenger I was having to carry regularly, even with a seat cover it marked easily. The Ecosport hasleather upholstery which seems a lot more robustand also has a higher ground clearance which copes well with speed bumps and slopes out of car parks without scraping on the ground.
Sad to see it go as it was a great car to drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts