Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've had this problem twice. The first time was on a steepish incline in early Summer 2020 so I was willing to believe that maybe the tyre was slipping, but it happened the second time today, when maneuvering between parked vehicles to pull away. I had to reverse a bit and steer to go around the vehicle parked in front. I put the steering in full right-turn lock and reversed slowly, and the car felt as if the wheel was slipping or there was no power. It was a weird and unnerving feeling. I didn't accelerate hard, but decided to put the car back into first gear and let it roll forward slightly, then reversed again and it reversed as expected. Shortly afterwards, I noticed my EML on the dashboard was lit constantly (not flashing). Mine is a 2016 B-Max, ex-motability with just over 22,000 on the clock, so is ostensibly new in terms of car usage age. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I used to own a Cavalier many years ago. It had the same "symptoms" you describe only in my case it was when turning full lock either way going forwards.
A local garage diagnosed the cv joints on the drive shafts. I was there when he removed one, i say removed, really if fell out in bits all over the floor.
It may be worth getting them checked but at only 22,000 i would be very surprised if they had worn out.
But you never know !

As for the EML, get the code read by anyone with an OBDII reader, friend, local garage etc and it will point you in the general direction of the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts