Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 1.0 ecoboost
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there- just wondered if I can alter the pressure at which the warning light trips. Checking tps when the wRning light comes on shows Im down to 17psi from 29. Id rather get a heads up around 22 as running as low as 17 seems likely to damage the tyre before I get a warning.

·
Super Moderator
355 Posts
I do not think the TPS can be reprogrammed.
The sensors are made to a specific value for each car they are fitted to, i assume it's programmed with the car's wheel size / load carrying capacity etc in mind.
As such i would think they will not be reprogrammable as you want.
17 psi wont do too much damage to the tyre as long as you get it inflated asap and do not run around on it for a day or so.

·
Registered
2016 1.0 ecoboost
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspected as much- Im not sure if the sensors give a cotinuous pressure readout or if they simply trip at a preset value. If the latter then maybe I could swap the sensors?

·
Super Moderator
557 Posts
there are two types of tps fitted to the bmax, dependant on age.
the earlier one uses differential wheel speed, (using ABS speed sensors).
the later system uses in tyre sensors, which transmit the current pressure to the car.

I dont think you can reset the limits, but a quick visual check of the tyres every now and then is worth doing.

·
Super Moderator
557 Posts
The sensors are made to a specific value for each car they are fitted to, i assume it's programmed with the car's wheel size / load carrying capacity etc in mind.
I think the sensors are generic, transmitting the current pressure to the ecu, and it is that which 'knows' the limits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts