Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the new radio on my Bmax. But it really annoys me that each time I start, after 3-4 seconds, I see the warning that "Emergency assistance requires a phone" or something like that. It's a modal dialogue, and I have to press CANCEL on the button panel.

(have audio option 2, the Titanium Ford/Microsoft combo).

as Emergency assistance needs a phone, and I often don't bring one, it's pointless.

Can I disable that feature, without disabling Bluetooth completely ? No option in menus to do that.
In fact, very very few things are optional as I would like them to be.

·
Registered
97 Posts
There must be an option as I don't have that problem. Like you I forget my phone and although I see a message phone not found it does not stop anythingWhy do you need bluetooth?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I get the same message and I feel sure every car does. All I do is to ignore it and withing a minute or so it goes off leaving a blank screen. Have you tried this?

If it goes off on mine I doubt very much if any car has an option to turn off emergency software. It is just a short reminder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is from page 236 of the online manual which may be of help.Switching Emergency Assistance
On and Off
1. Press the PHONE button to enter the
mobile phone menu.
2. Select the emergency assistance
option and press OK.
3. Select the option you require and press
OK

·
Registered
3 Posts
According to the online manual when EA is turned off you should only get the reminder when you have a paired phone in the car.
If you turn this feature off, a dialog will be
shown in the display which allows you to
set a voice reminder.
Off with voice reminder provides a display
and voice reminder when your mobile
phone connects and your vehicle starts.
Off without voice reminder provides a
display reminder only without a voice
reminder when your mobile phone
connects.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Guitar Man said:
According to the online manual when EA is turned off you should only get the reminder when you have a paired phone in the car.
If you turn this feature off, a dialog will be
shown in the display which allows you to
set a voice reminder.
Off with voice reminder provides a display
and voice reminder when your mobile
phone connects and your vehicle starts.
Off without voice reminder provides a
display reminder only without a voice
reminder when your mobile phone
connects.
If EA is turned off you still get a reminder (one or the other type) when your phone connects.

That being so, you must have paired your phone at some time. If so, what is the point of turning off EA?

If you don't turn off EA as I have not done, then the above still applies.

On or off, you will still get a reminder if you have paired your phone. However, if off then you will get a voice or no voice option.

Most people will pair their phone to obtain phone facilities. So, on or off EA should really read, "voice or no voice reminder", right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts