Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I drive a 63 plate 1.4 litre B Max with 58K miles on the clock. I have just had a letter from my local garage that does my MOT etc advising that my car is now due a cambelt change. Are they just being over-diligent or is a cambelt change really required at this stage?

I have just moved area and had to stop using a trusted family-friend mechanic who would always be honest about these things so I am not sure whether this new garage are just trying to get more money from me!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have just had mine replaced a 64 plate 1.6 diesel, it has 64000 on the clock, the garage I use said it should be 10 years or so many miles, but got it changed as doing a long trip soon so wanted the reassurances of that, mine was £340 to replace with the water pump. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have just had mine replaced a 64 plate 1.6 diesel, it has 64000 on the clock, the garage I use said it should be 10 years or so many miles, but got it changed as doing a long trip soon so wanted the reassurances of that, mine was £340 to replace with the water pump. Hope this helps
Thanks so much for your response. TBH I suspect it would be worth doing as I know my hubby had a cambelt go on a car which was terminal so would rather not run any risks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I've got a 64 plate 1.4 petrol, 50,000 on the clock and have been told it will probably be £450! They said it should be 8 years too and don't mind getting it done but looking at your price feel that I'm being ripped off!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi,

I just booked my 1.4 petrol in for its 7 yr service, and I enquired about the cambelt change interval.
The response (from a main dealer) was 8 years from new or 100,000 miles.

Stay Safe,

Geri

1 - 7 of 7 Posts