Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just wondering when the cam belt needs changing on my B max, its got the one litre engine 125bhp. Its on a 13 plate and has only done 24500 miles.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Prodger, the cam belt on your B Max runs in oil and only needs replacing at 120 000 miles, so i dont think that you need to worry for a while yet!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi all, thats why its important tu use only the correct engine oil. Willow is also correct that the belt lasts for 150 000 miles and not 120 000 as i had posted, (was relying on my fading memory!).

·
Registered
178 Posts
I do wonder if realistically an Ecoboost engine would last that long. Tiz only a 1ltr after all

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
They have been shown to last 150k miles on the bench. In practise, I do wonder.

Whilst the belt should be changed at 150k, these things usually come with an x years or y miles stipulation. Not sure what x is equal to.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The cambelt is designed to last the life of the engine, ie 150,000 miles.It looks a pig of a job to change.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 b max eco boost and the cam belt has just gone causing a ridiculous amount of damage and I now need a new engine! There were no warning lights or noises ahead of this. I’ve done 41,000 miles most of which is town driving with the occasional motorway journey.

I’m faced with scrapping it or paying out LOTS of money to have it repaired. Of course it’s out of warranty....

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
712 Posts
The cam belt on the ecoboost engine is designed to last for the lifetime of the engine ( it runs in a bath of oil ). Did you buy it from a Ford dealer ? If not, contact your local Ford dealer and go from there. Let us know what they say. This is of interest to all of us with this engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Howell. Yes I bought it from a dealer - December after initial registration (March 14) so I was second owner. It had been a demo car so very low mileage when I got it, one of the appeals of it.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The book value of a 14 plate B Max would probably be less than the cost of a new engine. Sadly, it's probably beyond economical repair I would suggest. Unless under any kind of warranty

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Obviously, I had not noticed that it was nearly 2 years old when I replied to it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts