Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not been a good week for me, what with sharp brakes and a dicky fuel gauge.

Well I'm after advice from you guys once again.

Drove to work this morning and thought I would check my oil being the conscientious driver that I am. Well, lifting the hood I was alarmed to see my coolant vigorously bubbling away in the reservoir tank. Is this normal?

Got home tonight, same run and nothing, no bubbling. The strange thing is the water temp gauge read normal, 4 blocks on both trips. Very strange...

Any ideas, should I worry?”

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I rather hope i'm wrong willow, but i suspect a cylinder head gasket leak.

Have you noticed any power loss or starting problems.

The leak may only be slight, but leaks have a habit of getting worse.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi cianpars

No power loss, or starting probs. But taking car in to Ford dealer Wednesday. Can't understand why temp gauge unaffected

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Thats a relief willow. Seems to be the pump cooling the turbo down then. Sounds like nothing to worry about. Never had to worry about this with normally aspirated engines.

BTW, I have noriced that the bonnet lid gets quite hot with this engine too.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Ian, cheque your car has the under bonnet blanket fitted, I once had a Ford car on which it had been missed.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agree cianpars.

This turbo business is a bit of a learning curve for uninitiated. Just hope when I take the car in to my Ford dealer tomorrow he or she will confirm there is nothing to be concerned about.

Initially my visit tomorrow was to get the emergency assist reprogrammed as it won't allow via the normal procedure.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good news, seems you were right Nick. Not that I doubted you.

Back from Ford Trowbridge. Bubbling in coolant expansion tank normal for the Ecoboost engine. Mechanic did explain how it works but it went over my head.Edited by: Willow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts