Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi as anyone suffered the same as me I had my automatic 6 weeks ago out of that I had it a week and half before a plate in the gearbox failed and my ford dealer couldn't get the part for 4 weeks! Now they have the part but now found an hole in the gearbox so have had to order a gearbox and can not give me a date for it. But at least another fortnight!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Wow, I have an Auto 1.6 Titanium, and have had no issues with the gearbox at all.... in fact I was quite impressed when I over took some cars at the available power and acceleration (sport mode)... Sorry to hear about your troubles Paul, have Ford provided you a spare car in the mean time?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately no mine is the same model as yours with it being motability it has left foot accelerator I have been loaned a Peugeot 508 from motability and told them I do not want the car back most parts seem to be on back order

·
Registered
637 Posts
For a car that has been out since 2012.... I do not understand what the delay is for parts now. I could understand if we were still in 2012..... but we are a year and a half into the production life of this car.... is this normal for car companies? or is it just normal for Ford?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The B-Max started production in June 2012 and sale in the UK from September 2012, so it's still in its first year. It's one of the risks of buying a brand-new model, but it still seems strange that some dealers are struggling.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But less than 500 miles and gear box failure started with the service light then stability one finally giving an engine management light I despair but after having car four weeks they find an hole in gearbox is bad

·
Registered
7 Posts
It doesn't give a good impression of your dealer's competence, no. A lot of new cars have issues, but it's never any consolation when it happens to yours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If it's a Motabilty car, that's probably a good thing. The older plate will help with depreciation when your lease ends and you get the option to buy it. In any event, hopefully you'll be able to convince Motability to swap it for something else. When you've decided you don't want a car, three years is a long time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Whether Motability or not I'd be thinking 'not of merchantable quality, not fit for purpose' and getting your money back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally received my car back last week and the next day it broke again! The new part was faulty it had to have a new gear box as well

·
Registered
117 Posts
So sorry to hear of your problems, begs the question . . . . Do Ford care at all about their customers? Although I have not had too many problems I seem to be on tenterhooks waiting for something to go wrong. Still got to get that heater wiring sorted.
Edited by: Bilbopup

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was having problems with body parts after a collision, and mentioned it to my sales rep, he invoked some kind of "vehicle off road" procedure and they arrived the next day from Europe, so make sure they have done this for you, you may still have to wait, but it might speed things up.

John.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My Mum has a 62 plate 1.6 auto and just recently when pulling away it judders, sometimes violently.

Its not the TCS as we switched it off and it still done it, any one got an idea or has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Sitting someone in the back seats, is it possible to say if the juddering is coming from the front or the back of the car?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can be felt both in the front and the back, it only does it when pulling away, the car is due for a service in September so will ask ford

1 - 20 of 20 Posts