Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have a B-Max Titanium Automatic (2/2013). I also had the "engine malfunction" problem, well documented in this forum.
After two software updates, this seemed to be solved. A couple of days after my first service, I noticed a grinding noise at the front when I turned, braked or accelerated.

My dealer checked it and told me, my automatic is broken - after 5000 miles. Well done, Ford!

He said they guess it's the manual part (clutch?) of the automatic. They are not sure if they can even fix it. The car might go back to Ford.

I am wondering now if the "engine malfunction" warning was not a software bug but the correct warning of the car that something is wrong...

Anyone with the same problem? Any opinion? I have an appointment on Tuesday to check it further and to discuss what they will do with it. I am wheelchair user, I have an adapted car but luckily it's a Motability car but still it causes a lot of trouble now for me. Not happy at all...

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think if you tell motability , they will give you a choice of getting another car or getting the bmax fixed. They would give you a new contract. They gave me that choice when I was getting the malfunction notice coming on. It had come on 12times. After the software update it's been ok, so far? Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts