Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3000 miles then towed in by AA fuel sender unit failed! Told they have no parts and will have to order from Germany still waiting after five days

·
Registered
637 Posts
Oh no!

Have Ford or the AA provided you a free hire car in the mean time? My dad had something similar happen to him, but it had turned out he had knocked the engine immobiliser (which was housed under the spare wheel compartment in the boot) while taking out the spare wheel due to a puncher. Ford charged him for basically pushing the immobiliser reset button, which was just a big black button in the center of the spare wheel enclosure.

As my dad would say service charges are based like this : 20p to turn a screw, £70 for knowing which screw to turn.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The AA ofered me a hire car for three days which i declined because of the hassel which went with it.
I was hoping also that three days would be long enough to take for the repair little did i know there was no parts in the country. Ford have now said they wont give me a car because the part is now in the post and should arrive soon i will keep you posted

·
Registered
117 Posts
So sorry to hear of this problem for you. It highlights yet again the appalling lack of thought on the part of Ford. They just haven't backed up this launch with spares. Do they think they are invincible and nothing will break down?? although so far - my car is okI am not confident enough to recommend it to anyone. And it may be non pc to say it but I am sure it is because they outsourced the production. The government are extolling the success for the car industry here forgetting how many manufacturers we have lost too. Stepping down off soap box now

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree! It seems to me that Ford doesn't really care about its customers once it gets an order. I ordered back in April and was told by my dealer it would be approximately three months until delivery. I accepted that thinking... I would be informed of the order's progress which would mke the waiting easier. As of today, I have heard nothing. My dealer who is quite good and I have dealt with for ten years is told time after time he will be told the status next week. Had I known this I would have choose another manufacturer. My neighbor who ordered a Toyota at the same time has had it for two weeks. It is not the waiting time that bothers me, it is not being informed, this I blame on Ford. Should the car turn out to be a lemon it will be the last Ford I buy. Has anyone else had these problems. If so, I would like to hear about them.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The date for my car changed every week, which annoyed me as I have a disability and cancelled the state transport services thinking my car would be here on the promised date. Then having to re-instate the transport services after the promises were broken. This was one of the reasons I changed dealerships.

The dealership is at fault, not Ford as a company in my opinion. Its the bone idleness to inform the customers of any relevant information that is the bottle neck.... or to flip the situation, making promises about delivery dates when clearly they have no clue.

Then lying about fault codes and circuit board replacements, then not providing me a spare car when my car had to goto the dealer , not once, not twice but three times..... and lastly, not being able to collect the car from my home as an alternative to having a hire car.

All are dealership failures. So I dumped Allen Ford and hope I never have to deal with them ever again. ( I think I have someone's soapbox...
)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have to agree with you D_Z, the larger the dealership the less response you will get as a customer.

Usually it's the group dealerships that are the worst, as they are there for themselves, and what they can get out of the manufacturer, to gain a better return on their profits as a group.

You, as the customer, are the lowest of the low to them. OK, they need you to make the sale, but will they ever remember you after you have left their premises?

It's also not unusual for them to have a high turnover of sales staff!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally got the car back after constant phone calls
the part had arrived from Germany last Monday but it appears I was low on the
list of priorities thanks Evans Halsaw for your non customer
service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts