Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like how the little Bmax drives, but I think the lights are too dim when driving on wet, smooth road at night time. I kinda envy the Mercedes and BMW guys with their very bright white lights.

Is there any experience here on replacing the bulbs on BMax to something brighter ? Brand and type of bulb, and possible experience on how well the lenses last.

I don't want to put something in that will ruin the whole lens system etc.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Which B Max model do you have and what lights does it have currently?
If you have a basic model, you can upgrade to zetec specs with no problem. Not sure whether you can upgrade further but I would guess that you can.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I changed my dip bulbs last winter Philips Xtreme...quite easy when you know how! 2 screws at top of complete unit and a kind of rubber plug .then whole unit lifts out,may need a bit of rocking as it just sits in a v shape locator below the unit.to finish removal unplug electric cable .

·
Registered
165 Posts
I thought dip beam was very poor so I too changed the bulbs, Philips Xtreme dip beam and Osram Nightbreaker main beam. There was an improvement which made the lamps acceptable without being too bright to cause discomfort to oncoming drivers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts