Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i went to look at buying a 2012 titanium Bmax yesterday. Really liked the car. When i was checking it over tho i noticed the rear right brake light did not work when the headlight selector was set to ‘auto’.

when i moved the dial to dipped low beam setting, the brake light would work. But as soon as i turned it back to auto, the brake light stopped working.

anybody heard of this issue before or have any idea what it might be? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
341 Posts
If you have not bought the car yet, i would insist that the vendor repairs the fault as the car could be considered to be un-roadworthy.
If the vendor says no or is reluctant to repair the fault then walk away, i bet they will soon call you back if they think they are loosing a sale.
The fault could be to do with the stalk that controls the settings or the light switch itself or even the wiring for the brake lights, an auto electrician would be needed to trace the fault.

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
the probable cause is an earth fault.
first thing to do is remove the light cluster, remove the bulb, clean up all connections, probably fit a new bulb, test. then refit the cluster.
if still faulty, do the same the other side.

Edit, to add
or is it that none of the brake lights work on auto? (which could still be an earthing issue)

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
having thought more about what this could be; are you perhaps confusing the side lights and brake lights?, the rear side lights would not be on with just DRL (daylight running lights) at the front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts