Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again, does anyone know what kind of weight the piece leveling the boot with the bumper will take, I think it is made out of fibre glass, I play in a band i want to put the amp in the boot, the amp weighs 26kg, thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
It also gives an extra 3-4" height in the boot when you do that; which may be useful for your gear.
There is a thread from a long time ago discussing this, which you should find if you search for 'boot floor'

Geri

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I'm sure the OP knows about those things. He asks if the levelling board is strong enough.

I have put all my 86Kg weight on that board whilst it was in place and it survived. It really depends on the area over which the 26k is spread. 26k is just the weight of a suitcase taken for a holiday so a large amp should be no problem. If it is small and tall then spread the weight with a small piece of 5 ply wood.

If the board is removed to take the amp then you would have to lean over with the full weight to put it in the boot. Not good for your back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
makem said:
I'm sure the OP knows about those things. He asks if the levelling board is strong enough.

I have put all my 86Kg weight on that board whilst it was in place and it survived. It really depends on the area over which the 26k is spread. 26k is just the weight of a suitcase taken for a holiday so a large amp should be no problem. If it is small and tall then spread the weight with a small piece of 5 ply wood.

If the board is removed to take the amp then you would have to lean over with the full weight to put it in the boot. Not good for your back.

I've done the same test of Makem: I put all my 84 kg weight and it worked fine!
I suggest you don't lay your amp on the back, because is dangerous for the cone.

Bye!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts