Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie ivie a bmax tin my boot won't lock its shuts but won't lock its only 9months old will I get it repaired on my warranty or is there a straight forward repair

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I too wondered if my boot was locking as I always had my key with me. So I left the key in the house just to check and indeed it was locked.

However, it unlocks as soon as your key gets within about 5 feet.

What I didnt know is that the car automatically locks itself. I found this out the other day when i unlocked it to clean it and unfold the mirrors to make cleaning behind them easier. Twice during cleaning, it relocked and the mirrors folded.

·
Registered
81 Posts
cianpars said:
I too wondered if my boot was locking as I always had my key with me. So I left the key in the house just to check and indeed it was locked.

However, it unlocks as soon as your key gets within about 5 feet.

What I didnt know is that the car automatically locks itself. I found this out the other day when i unlocked it to clean it and unfold the mirrors to make cleaning behind them easier. Twice during cleaning, it relocked and the mirrors folded.

Yes you have to be careful with this and never leave your keys in the car.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Something i did notice is unless you slam the boot, it sometimes jumps back off of the catch, so you do need to check it is physically closed. If it isnt, the central locking wont function.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts