Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the last Holidays we noticed the number plate light did not work, wiring / supply ok, so I removed the unit by gently easing the ends out ( it has a plastic clip at each end).
Bench testing the unit confirmed that the LED (or it's driver circuit on the pcb ) had gone.
Wife needs to used the car :(.

The outer lens came of easy (stuck on ) I had no LED's of that size it was about > o < size to replace it, but I did have a 12V 3W Festoon bulb (No larger as it will not go in !) , so I soldered a wire on each end.
Looking at the unit with the LED to the top with it's pcb to the right and the small boot release switch at the bottom you should see there are three pins that go to the plug on the back.
Soldering the wires from the bulb to the Left and Right pins (The pin towards the bottom is for the boot switch).
Test it by temporary plugging it on the car.
If ok glue lens on then refit on car.
Check it lights number plate up ok, mine does.
Cost £0.

·
Registered
242 Posts
B Max mike. Well done. Mine went and as it was under warranty, my local dealer had a bit of a whinge to start with as they said it was "just a bulb". However as they learned, it isn't just a bulb, it is the full boot release too. But rest assured, if it goes again, I shall be using a very similar method to yourself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts