Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
do not understand what the issue is, by looking at various types of boot mat, I would secure it with velcro or something similiar.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would "live chat" Fordpartsuk.com, and either ask them the question about fitting or send you the fitting instructions.from looking at the part I would suggest it is for the upper boot not the lower boot floor?
Also looks as if it is just a matter of dropping the mat onto the boot floor.

·
Registered
155 Posts
This boot cover looks as if it is about 4 - 6 inches too short, send it back and visit a ford dealer to see if they can advise.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the replies..

As I said I bought this off eBay and have no intentions of sending it back as I got my friend to collect :)

Anyways the mat looks short because its not flat at the back towards the rear seats..possibly coz the mat isnt in the right holes of the 2 holding bars..its difficult to explain sorry. like the mat needs flattening down at the back..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Must admit I wasn't impressed with the reversible boot mat I saw at the dealers, but liked the look of the non-slip boot liner, so went for that (along with rubber floor mats being rural - which rather rules out 'carpet' for practicality). eta: Just to add it wasn't a quality issue at all with the carpet boot liner, it was entirely the rural issues which said "that doesn't make sense, and I'm not paying out to be annoyed with it in use".

There was a good 'package' deal on at the time for boot liner and rubber type floor mats. There was also another deal to include mudflaps, but decided against those (they don't seem to be any more effective for rural muddy road use than not having them, and the bodywork does stay remarkably good - better than I expected - so not even tempted to have them on the new one).

The rubber mats and boot liner will be going into the new one (and the carpets can go in store until trade in time), along with the spare wheel, first aid kit, etc.
Edited by: Ribbit

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have also just recently purchased this same mat, and I also haven't got a clue how it goes.

Mine also has these "cut out" flaps and not sure how/where they go to, it also has like a flap of material on the front which runs the width of the mat.

Also provided with no instructions!

I also would be grateful to hear from anyone who has one fitted correctly.

Phil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts