Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have a 13-plate B-Max. Yesterday - it broke down four times. After it broke down, the first time, I called out the RAC. The technician did various tests but couldn't find anything wrong! It broke down on the A406 North Circular Road - all of a sudden it just stopped! I put the handbrake on and put it in park, and waited for a bit. It started up again - but I was unable to use the indicators, electric windows and the windscreen wipers. I got to where I was going. The RAC man thought that it was an intermittent fault and told me what to do should I break down on the way home. We just got onto the M1 when it broke down again - fortunately, I was near to the hard shoulder, so I pulled onto the hard shoulder. Did what I did first time. Started up again no problem - had gone about 200 yards when it broke down again - I tried to keep it going until we were off the slipway of the M1. I called the RAC out again - he came - asked me to start it up again and it started! He said he would follow us home and I am really pleased that he did - not only was he protecting me from other road users but he was also my indicator man. Got onto the M25 - broke down again - had to pull onto the hard shoulder - the RAC man came to see me - he said he didn't want to work on it on the M25, but he would ensure that I got home OK. When we got home, he put his computer on it and again it showed no fault. This morning - it was towed by the RAC to my dealer. As it's a Motability car, I had to hire a car as I couldn't be without a car - Motability pay for the hire car. So my car is in the garage and I wait to hear from the garage as to what the fault is, can they rectify it and how long do they need my car? I am wondering how many other members had this fault.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,

Just to let you know that my car was towed by the RAC to the dealers yesterday morning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts