Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyoneMy wife's BMAX has a stone chip in her field of vision so needs a new windscreen. Auto windscreen say it cannot be repaired and needs replacing .

Auto Windscreens ordered one but it was the wrong one . They have ordered another one but my wife has been told that there are none in the country and Ford cannot give her an availability date .

How long would we have to wait for a replacement ?
My question is what would Ford do if the car windscreen went completely ?
My view is that the windscreen damage would fail an MOT , therefore the car is illegal ? What is the view on this ?
The BMAX is a 1 litre Eco boost ZETEC model.

Any comments would be helpful

Keith

·
Registered
637 Posts
If ford is denying you active use of a vehicle, by not making parts available to complete a repair, then surely ford should provide you a replacement vehicle at their own cost, until such time that the parts to repair the original vehicle become available. You are not refusing payment for the repair, you cannot drive the vehicle (I assume) while the stone chip obscures vision, it is fully in the realm of Ford to give a replacement until they can get parts in the country.

The flip side of this is that you could say that Ford owe you costs for train/bus/taxi fare for commuting to work and back for the time it takes for the parts to become available,

I would talk to your insurer, and citizens advice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts