Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine will soon be 2 years old and will need an update. Quite a few new roads, speed limits, etc. How much will Ford rip you off to update and what is the cost and reliability with third party software updates like? Any recommendations or experiences here?

·
Registered
242 Posts
cianpars. You can't get third party updates for your satnav. Which card do you have in your BMax satnav? I currently have the Ford version but my BMax can take the TomTom version too, which is great for one main reason. PRICE. Some BMax's however can only take the Ford satnav card. But be warned cianpars. Ford/TomTom only release new versions of their maps on card every 3 years or so. So before you buy from ford, check with their storeman the part number of the card and cross ref. it with yours.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, thanks for that. I'm assuming it is the Ford card, but didn't know that a cheaper Tomtom update would work. Also didn't realise that they only updated the card every 3 years.
As my BMax is only 22 months old, I will leave it for a while, It's just slightly annoying that a bypass around my village has just opened, but the satnav still thinks it is a field.
I knew there was a cheaper option than the Ford update, but was not sure what it was.

Do you know how much the Ford and Tomtom updates cost?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi friends I would like to know if in the new Ford SD Card map of Western Europe 2018, Malta Map is included. I asked around and some say yes and others are not 100%. I'm not going to buy it if i'm not certain.

Thanks .

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi Cianpars. The ford version of the Satnav card is around the £250 mark, the TomTom card is about £80!. Now I'm in the same boat, there is a road quite close to where I work which is still showing as a field and I travel around Europe(mainly France) on a twice yearly basis. So I looked into this matter quite deeply and the newest updates of both the Cards should've been released by now.
One thing to be careful of though. Make sure your vehicle can take the TomTom card prior to purchase.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that info. A big price difference then. How do I know if mine will take the TomTom card?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi friends I would like to know if in the new Ford SD Card map of Western Europe 2018, Malta Map is included. I asked around and some say yes and others are not 100%. I'm not going to buy it if i'm not certain.

Thanks .
I'm sure if it was not included it would make The Maltese Cross.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Cainpars. A good, trustworthy Ford dealer and your registration number will let you know either way, whether a tom tom card can be used in your bmax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.