Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm thinking to buy bmax 1.0 but worried as ive hear it isn't too great when it comes to driving around on country and hills side? is this true? or just a mist?

Thanks

·
Registered
712 Posts
There are 2 variants of this engine. 100 or 125 ps. I have the 125ps engine. No problems with hills.
Equivalent to a standard 1.6 engine. Not sure about the 100ps engine. Which one is it ?

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
I have the 100 engine in my car and have no issues going up hills at all.
In fact i have just done a mini service on it and it now goes like sh!t off a shiny shovel.
Never imagined changing filters,oil and plugs would make such a difference !

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I have the 125 and it's a fantastic engine. You will only notice the difference between the 100 and 125 at high RPM's I understand.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've no experience of this engine, but it will depend a lot on the load (number of passengers) and incline of hill.
I remember many many years ago my brother in law had a sunbeam imp sports. On the straight it was very quick.
Come to a hill with a couple of passengers, and it slowed right down. Although that was an 875cc. engine
I expect the Bmax engine is a little more refined.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I often take five of us around the hills of Wales and without any problem. My passengers are amazed that such a small engine pulls so well.
Or used to do before lockdown.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.