Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I am the proud owner of a 2013 1.4 Bmax. The next part is not some boy racer nonsense but a genuine enquiry. I think the bmax is a brilliant car, except for one thing, lacks power, well my 1.4 does. It got me thinking, Bmax is based on the Fiesta, Fiesta did a 1.6 St 180bhp. See where I'm going with this. Has anyone done this swap before. Anyone interested in trying this, I need some help. Pictures are of my Bmax engine and a Fiesta St engine. Engine bays look very similar.

Regards Lee

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
yes it would probably fit fairly easily. you might also want to lower the suspension to give a slightly stiffer ride.

I wonder if fitting the new 1.5l ecobost 3cyl engine (dragon) might be possible?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it would probably fit fairly easily. you might also want to lower the suspension to give a slightly stiffer ride.

I wonder if fitting the new 1.5l ecobost 3cyl engine (dragon) might be possible?
New eco boost would be nice but a little pricey for the engine. I can't find anyone who has done an St conversion in a Bmax. So tempted. Not sure I would mess around with the suspension. Not looking to racing it around just to improve driveability and perhaps some fun joining motorways etc.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good luck with what you propose to do with your car, but remember to let the insurance company know otherwise your insurance will be invalid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts